We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is There Any Property To Increase Horizontal Space Between Legend Items

Hi,

My Company is Using syncfusion chart dll for generating chart ,but we have requirement to increase space between legends items ,we have set lots of property but nothing found to increase space.

Please suggest which property we can set to increase space between two legends item.

Please refer attached screen shot.

Regards

Amit Saxena

Analec Infotech Pvt Ltd

Gurgaon India

Attachment: SpaceRequired_e0f5df0e.zip

3 Replies

JA Jayavigneshwaran Syncfusion Team replied to Amit November 25, 2014 11:15 AM UTC

Hi,

My Company is Using syncfusion chart dll for generating chart ,but we have requirement to increase space between legends items ,we have set lots of property but nothing found to increase space.

Please suggest which property we can set to increase space between two legends item.

Regards

Amit Saxena

Analec Infotech Pvt Ltd

Gurgaon India

Hi Amit,

Thanks for using Syncfusion product.

We have analyzed your query with our sample.

The space between the legend items can be increased/decreased by using the below code.

[CS]

this.chartControl1.Legend.Visible = true;

this.chartControl1.Legend.Spacing = 50; // specifies the space between the legend items

And you can also specify the below for customizing the legend width and height

[CS]

this.chartControl1.Legend.ItemsSize = new Size(30,40); // Specifies the width and height of legend item

Please find the chart sample in below link whose spacing between legend item is increased

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/132165/WindowsFormsApplication10793559520.zip

Also kindly refer the below link on customizing the legend for any assistance

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/documents/chartlegendandlegend.htm

Please let me know if you have any concern.

Thanks,

Jayavigneshwaran

AM Amit replied to Jayavigneshwaran November 25, 2014 01:04 PM UTC

Hi,

Regards

Amit Saxena

Analec Infotech Pvt Ltd

Gurgaon India

Hi Amit,

The space between the legend items can be increased/decreased by using the below code.

[CS]

this.chartControl1.Legend.Spacing = 50; // specifies the space between the legend items

[CS]

this.chartControl1.Legend.ItemsSize = new Size(30,40); // Specifies the width and height of legend item

Please find the chart sample in below link whose spacing between legend item is increased

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/132165/WindowsFormsApplication10793559520.zip

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/documents/chartlegendandlegend.htm

Thanks,

Jayavigneshwaran

Hi Jayavigneshwaran ,

I have used same property to increase spacing between legends but when i use this my chart area size has been decreased .

Please suggest i do not decreased chart arae size .

Regards

Amit Saxena

JA Jayavigneshwaran Syncfusion Team replied to Amit November 26, 2014 01:19 PM UTC

Hi,

Regards

Amit Saxena

Analec Infotech Pvt Ltd

Gurgaon India

Hi Amit,

[CS]

[CS]

Thanks,

Jayavigneshwaran

Hi Jayavigneshwaran ,

I have used same property to increase spacing between legends but when i use this my chart area size has been decreased .

Please suggest i do not decreased chart arae size .

Regards

Amit Saxena

Hi Amit,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Currently the behavior is when the legend spacing increased size of the chart area is decreased if it is placed on top/bottom position of chart.

This can be resolved by progressive increase in legend spacing. Now Legend.Spacing is set to 10

[CS]

this.chartControl1.Legend.Spacing = 10;

This can be also resolved by placing the legend inside the chart area

[CS]

this.chartControl1.Legend.Position = ChartDock.Top;

this.chartControl1.LegendPlacement = ChartPlacement.Inside

Thanks,

Jayavigneshwaran

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon