We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

column header sequence

Hi,
     May I know how to save syncfusion grid data control column headers as a string into database after drag and drop the columns. And then, I logout my application. After login, I would like to retrieve the columns header strings that is saved from database and show the sequence of the columns headers in grid.

Thanks

1 Reply

AN Ashok N Syncfusion Team November 25, 2014 02:05 PM UTC

Hi Shwe,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your query and you can achieve your requirement by using Serialization and Deserialization support. You can save the changes by using dataGrid.Model.Serialize method and you can reload that changes by using dataGrid.Model.Deserialize method. Please refer the below code snippet to achieve your requirement.

In this code snippet we have serialize the grid using Button click event. You can use this Serialize method to your application, where you want to serialize the grid and  for reloading, you can handle datagrid.Loaded event, within this event you can call Deserialize method.

C# code snippet:

private void serialization_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

this.dataGrid.Model.Serialize("Files.xml");

this.mainwindow.Close();

}

void dataGrid_Loaded(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)

{

if (File.Exists("Files.xml"))

this.dataGrid.Model.Deserialize("Files.xml");

}

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Ashok

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon