We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

iOS crash when setting font sizes

I have a problem setting font sizes if SfChart for iOS. An example:

chart.Title = new ChartTitle
{
TextAlignment = TextAlignment.Center,
Text = "Title text",
Font = Font.SystemFontOfSize(12)
};

The Font.SystemOfSize makes my iOS app crash - it works if i comment the line out. What am I doing wrong?

4 Replies

PR Prabakaran R Syncfusion Team November 14, 2014 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused. 

We are able to reproduce the issue in iOS Xamarin.Forms. We will fix this issue in our next service pack release which is expected to be rolled out in the end of November, 2014. However, we have provided workaround for this issue in the below forum thread,

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117472/charttitle-font

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Prabakaran

MM Miha Markic November 20, 2014 12:11 PM UTC

A workaround I've found is to use Font.OfSize("Arial", size) or, I guess, other font families might work as well.

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team November 20, 2014 01:42 PM UTC

Hi Steen,

Yes. You can provide all the platform specific font families, please refer the following code snippet,

Code snippet [C#]:

Font font = Device.OnPlatform(
iOS:      Font.OfSize ("MarkerFelt-Thin", 18),
Android:  Font.OfSize ("Droid Sans Bold", 18),
WinPhone: Font.OfSize ("Courier New", 18)
);
chart.Title = new ChartTitle(){ Text = " Chart Header", Font =font};

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Suresh B.

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team November 26, 2014 04:47 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

We are glad to announce that our Service pack 1 for Vol 3 2014 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117667/essential-studio-2014-volume-3-service-pack-release-v12-3-0-38-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon