We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Axis title only working for iOS

I am setting the primary and secondary axes titles in SfChart like this:

chart.PrimaryAxis.Title = new ChartAxisTitle()
{
Text = "P axis title"
};

chart.SecondaryAxis.Title = new ChartAxisTitle()
{
Text = "S axis title"
};

The titles only appear on an iOS device, not on Android and Windows Phone. Am I doing something wrong?

I have used SyncFusion's ChartGettingStarted project.

5 Replies

SS Steen Steiniche November 14, 2014 11:21 AM UTC

Correction: it also works for Android, so the problem only concerns Windows Phone.

PR Prabakaran R Syncfusion Team November 14, 2014 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue on Windows phone. Could you please provide us more details regarding the issue also kindly revert back to us with the modified sample if you still face the issue?

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,

Prabakaran

Attachment: Sample_55544c61.zip

SS Steen Steiniche November 14, 2014 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Prabakaran

Thanks for your quick reply. 

Your sample helped me locate to root cause of my problem. Windows Phone IS able to show axis titles. It is NOT possible, however, to change to font color of the axis titles. Since I have placed the chart in a view with a white background, the titles are not visible because their default color is white and cannot be changed. The following has no effect:

chart.PrimaryAxis.Title = new ChartAxisTitle()
{
Text = "P axis title",
TextColor = Color.Red
}; 

Hope you can reproduce this on your side.

Thanks

PR Prabakaran R Syncfusion Team November 14, 2014 02:30 PM UTC

Hi Steen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We are able to reproduce the issue, We will fix this issue in our next service pack release which is expected to be rolled out in the end of November, 2014. However, you can resolve this issue by set the Font property without creating new instance for Title.

We have prepared a sample based on this and you can find the sample in the following location.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,
Prabakaran

Attachment: ChartAxisTitleSample_b8480054.zip

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team November 26, 2014 04:36 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

We are glad to announce that our Service pack 1 for Vol 3 2014 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117667/essential-studio-2014-volume-3-service-pack-release-v12-3-0-38-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Suresh B

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon