We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Gauge RangePointer thickness limitation

It seems that the thickness of a gauge RangePointer has a max limit of about 40px. Is there a way to work around this? We are assessing Syncfusion's Xamarin products and find this to be a limitation.

3 Replies

AA Arun A Syncfusion Team November 10, 2014 05:16 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that the thickness of the gauge RangePointer can be modified by setting the scale.RimThickness property as shown in the below code snippet.

scale.RimThickness = 45;

Please let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,
Arun

SS Steen Steiniche November 10, 2014 06:34 AM UTC

Hello Arun

Thanks for replying so promptly.

It is not the rim thickness that is the problem. That works fine for me. It is the thickness of the RangePointer that appears to have a maximum of approx 40px.

I should probably note that I have only tested this i a Windows Phone emulator. I have used your own GaugeGettingStarted project from your trial download. You can try to modify App.cs in the project to the following:

scale.RimThickness = 100;
rangePointer.Thickness = 100;

You will see that the rim has a width of 100px whereas the range pointer has a much lesser width. I would expect them to have the same width.

Also please try to modify that same file with regards to header colour, major ticks, and minor ticks. I can't seem to change colours or turn ticks off, change tick sizes or colours or anything. I suspect the release is not quite mature yet. 

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team November 11, 2014 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Steen,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We are able to reproduce the issues with "Size varies between RimThickness  and RangePointerTickness" and sizing issue in the TicksSettings in Circular Gauge control in Windows Platform. We have logged an issue report on this, the fix for this issue will be available in our upcoming refresh release. which is estimated to be available in two weeks.

We appreciate you patience until then.

Regards,
Joy Oyiess Rex K​

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon