We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeGrid

Hi,

Firstly, I'd like to say these new controls look great and thank you for supporting LightSwitch.

I'm trying to figure out how to get a tree grid to show, but can't find an easy way from the screen designer.  I've also tried putting on a normal grid, then changing the generated javascipt from ejGrid to ejTreeGrid and defining the parent as per documentation for the pure javascript control.  The grid still renders, but the parent field is returned as an "object" and there is no tree structure.

The table I'm testing it with is self referential e.g.

Tasks
ID, Name, Status, ParentTask.

where ParentTask relates to back to the task table.

Thanks,
John

4 Replies

JR John Rajaram Syncfusion Team November 7, 2014 01:25 PM UTC

Hi John,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

Currently we have not published LightSwitch HTML support for TreeGrid control in official manner to render TreeGrid control from the screen designer. Hence we have logged this as Feature Request. This feature can be tracked through our Feature Management.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/JS-7394

It will be implemented in any of our upcoming main release and we will update you once this feature has got implemented.

Now as per your requirement we have prepared a sample for your reference to render TreeGrid control from screen designer in LightSwitch HTML platform. Please find the sample in the attachment.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Regards,
John. R

Attachment: TreeGrid_LightSwitch_183abd0c.zip

JR John Rajaram Syncfusion Team November 11, 2014 12:30 PM UTC

Hi John,

We have created a new incident (131872) on behalf of you related to this forum. We suggest you to follow up the incident for further reference using your direct trac account.

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

John. R

MS Matthew Shakespeare May 3, 2015 10:37 PM UTC

Is there a way to initiate a refresh of the tree grid after a save ? 

MK Mahalakshmi Karthikeyan Syncfusion Team May 5, 2015 05:13 AM UTC

Hi John,

We would like to let you know that we can refresh the TreeGrid Control after saved or modified the content using refresh() public method in Treegrid. Please find the following code snippet for details.

<input type="button" id="refresh" value="refresh" />

<script type="text/javascript">

$("#TreeGridContainer").ejTreeGrid({

//…

});

$("#refresh").click(function(){

treegridObj = $("#TreeGridContainer").data("ejTreeGrid");

treegridObj.refresh();

});

</script>

We have also prepared a sample based on this and please find the sample location below.

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/117557/TreeGridRefresh729371156.zip

Please let us know if you need more information on this.

Regards,

Mahalakshmi K.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon