We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Customizing the Grid Toolbar

What is the best approach to customize the Grid Toolbar. For example I have users that will have permissions to Add rows to the grid and others that won't

I have already created the ToolbarSettings for the grid , but need to be able to make visible or enable/disable one of the buttons (ToolbarItems.Add)

My User Role is determined in the ViewBag, so for example

@if (ViewBag.LoggedUser.CanAdd)
{
        //Enable toolBarItems.Add button in grid
}

1 Reply

MF Mohammed Farook J Syncfusion Team November 5, 2014 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Fabio,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Based on your request , we have created a sample and the same can be downloaded from the following link:

Sample: customToolbar.zip

Please find the code snippet for custom button with enable and disable toolbar option in grid.

@(Html.EJ().Button("btn").ClientSideEvents(c => c.Click("enableToolBar")).Text("EnableToolBar"))

@(Html.EJ().Button("btn1").ClientSideEvents(c => c.Click("disableToolBar")).Text("DisableToolBar"))

@(Html.EJ().Grid<MvcApplication50.OrdersView>("FlatGrid")

.Datasource((IEnumerable<object>)ViewBag.datasource)

.AllowPaging()    /*Paging Enabled*/

.Columns(col =>

{

. . .

}))

<script type="text/javascript">

function enableToolBar(args) {

$("#FlatGrid").ejGrid("option", { toolbarSettings: { showToolbar: true, toolbarItems: [ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Add, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Edit, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Delete, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Update, ej.Grid.ToolBarItems.Cancel] }, })

}

function disableToolBar(args) {

$("#FlatGrid").ejGrid("option", { toolbarSettings: { showToolbar: false}})

}

</script>

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

J.Mohammed Farook

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon