We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licensing Question: Independent work

I am developing a web application for an independent company, and am considering purchasing the Essential Studio Binary Edition. After the project is completed, I will turn it over to their development team to make any alterations as needed. If they make alterations to the system, after I hand it over, would that violate the licensing. It says on your website that the licensing is done via developers, what happens in this situation?

If they would have to purchase a license to update the code, they will not accept the application. (Already Verified)

The program is currently being done in visual studio 2013, and it is an MVC application.

Fast response appreciated.

1 Reply

SS Sivaguru S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2014 12:54 PM UTC

Hi,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

Please find my response for your query.

Q) After the project is completed, I will turn it over to their development team to make any alterations as needed. If they make alterations to the system, after I hand it over, would that violate the licensing. It says on your website that the licensing is done via developers, what happens in this situation?

A) Yes, in order to make development with Syncfusion controls to your application project they have to register corresponding version license to be installed in their machine. However,  the application runs in the deployment machine without license and you cannot do the development without license.

We have alerted our sales team regarding this and they will contact you soon with the required details regarding the license subscription.

Please let us know, if you have any queries.

Regards,
Sivaguru S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon