We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Xamarin Studio on MacBook

I have started adding charts to my project using Syncfusion with Visual Studio.  Unfortunately I can no longer run the project from Xamarin Studio on my Macbook because there doesn't seem to be any binaries for the Mac.  Have you provided any workaround aside from removing references and commenting out all of the Syncfusion related code?   

8 Replies

MO Michael O'Connor October 20, 2014 05:34 AM UTC

From: Michael O'Connor [mailto:michael@spiffyventures.com]
Sent: Friday, October 17, 2014 12:38 PM
To: Syncfusion Support
Subject: RE: Syncfusion support community forum 117422, Xamarin Studio on MacBook, has been updated.

I have tried two different browsers on two different machines and the links to download on that page don’t do anything.

SB Suresh B Syncfusion Team October 20, 2014 05:34 AM UTC

Hi Michael,

Thank you for using Syncfusion product.

To run the project in Mac, you have to download the Essential Studio Xamarin as a ZIP file from this link, you can refer the required syncfusion assemblies from downloaded location({download location}\syncfusionessentialstudio-version\lib).

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Suresh B

UB Udhaya Bala Muthuveerapandian Syncfusion Team October 21, 2014 05:03 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue from our side with MacBook. So could you please share the following information with us, it could be helpful for us to find the root cause for the issue and to resolve it ASAP.

1.Device details.

2.OS information

3. Screenshot for the error page while you have tried to download.

4.Screenshot for the script errors if any.

To find the script error please follow the below steps:

1. Press the following shortcut key for your browser

Chrome: CTRL+SHIFT+J

Firefox: CTRL+SHIFT+I

Internet Explorer: F12  

2. Click console or security tab

If you want the downloaded file immediately, kindly let us know we will send the mail.

Regards,

Udhaya Bala. M

MO Michael O'Connor October 23, 2014 07:17 AM UTC

Sent: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 1:27 PM
Subject: RE: Syncfusion support community forum 117431, Xamarin Studio on MacBook, has been updated.

As I said I have tried this on three machines with several different browsers.  The problem is not my machine or browser.

If I look at the source for the download page where it says “DOWNLOAD ZIP”, there is no action.  No HREF, no javascript, nothing.  There is no error when I click on it, there is nothing when I click on it.  I imagine it’s a permission issue, i.e. works with your account but not mine.

Attachment: 117431__forum_fd589326.zip

UB Udhaya Bala Muthuveerapandian Syncfusion Team October 23, 2014 04:27 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

We regret for the inconvenience caused,

We have provided the download option for all account. So It is not related to authentication access issue. We are unable to reproduce the reported issue in our end with the details shared by you in previous update. So could you please share the Machine and OS details with us, from which you have tried to download?. It could be helpful for us to find out the root cause for the reported issue and to resolve it ASAP.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Udhaya Bala. M

MO Michael O'Connor October 24, 2014 04:22 AM UTC

Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 1:28 PM
Subject: RE: Syncfusion support community forum 117431, Xamarin Studio on MacBook, has been updated.

Here are the machines, OS and browsers that I cannot download with:

Macbook Air, Safari and Chrome

Dell XPS, Windows 8, IE and Chrome

Surface Pro 2, Windows 8.1, IE and Chrome

Good news though,  I created a new Syncfusion account – I am Darth Vader – and was immediately able to download the ZIP.  Apparently it’s an authentication issue.  My account is not able to download these files.

Now I will try installing these on the Macbook to get my charts working.

UB Udhaya Bala Muthuveerapandian Syncfusion Team October 28, 2014 06:14 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.              

We have logged the bug report for the reported issue. We will fix the issue and update you on 31st, October 2014.

Please let us know if you have any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Udhaya Bala. M

UB Udhaya Bala Muthuveerapandian Syncfusion Team October 31, 2014 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Michael

Thank you for your patience.

We have fixed the reported issue from our side. Now you will be able to download.

Please get back to us if the issue still persists.

Regards,

Udhaya Bala. M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon