We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Ink annotations and location on page

Hi,

I'm trying to incorporate drawn annotations to a page.  To do that, I'm putting a canvas object, letting the user do the drawing on the canvas, and then transfering the drawing contents on to the PDF file.  The action I describe above works fine.  However, when I try to transfer the drawings to the PDF that is being viewed on-screen, I'm having trouble putting them in the visually correct location, especially if the PDF is zoomed in.  

For instance, at regular zoom, I can compute an X-offset value, and then compute the correct Y-value and then put the annotation in the expected place.  However, when the PDF viewer is zoomed in, the drawing annotation appears off to the side and to the bottom.  I tried incorporating zoom factors into the calculations, and could not get it right under zooming conditions.  It looks like if I could get a reference to the top/bottom/any location on the zoomed view, I'd be able to derive the offset from there but I could not figure it out.

On a separate note, I could not get ZoomTo() method to work programmatically for a PDF loaded into the viewer.

I have a function that does the drawing, and it is pasted below.  Can you please let me know whether I'm on the correct path, and if there's something that I'm missing re: zoomed PDF object?  If nothing obvious, I can package the contents in a separate project and send over.

Thanks,

Bulent

---------------START CODE
        private void DrawLineOnPDF()
        {
            //draw the line on the PDF loaded in the memory, based on the lines drawn on the canvas
            PdfPen redPen = new PdfPen(PdfBrushes.Red, m_CurrentDrawingSize);

//get the scaling factor to convert position on page to position on the PDF page
            double pageWidth = m_loadedDocument.Pages[currentPageIndex].Size.Width;
            double pageHeight = m_loadedDocument.Pages[currentPageIndex].Size.Height;
            float pixelPageHeight = m_converter.ConvertToPixels((float)pageHeight, PdfGraphicsUnit.Point);
            float pixelPageWidth = m_converter.ConvertToPixels((float)pageWidth, PdfGraphicsUnit.Point);
            //M_ZOOMFACTOR IS DERIVED FROM pdfViewer.Zoom value, an integer
            float zoomConversionFactor = m_zoomFactor / 100.0f;

//trying the annotations approach
            List annotInkPoints = new List();
            //THE FOLLOWING CALCULATION FOR OFFSETPIXELSX WORKS WHEN ZOOM IS AT 100, FAILS IF ZOOM INCREASES
            float OffsetPixelsX = (float)syncFusionPDFViewer.ActualWidth - (pixelPageWidth * zoomConversionFactor);
            OffsetPixelsX = OffsetPixelsX / 2.0f;
            //SIMILARLY, OFFSETPIXELSY WORKS WHEN ZOOM IS AT 100, FAILS AT HIGHER ZOOMS
            float OffsetPixelsY = (pixelPageHeight * zoomConversionFactor) - pixelPageHeight;
            //ViewerPointsList is a list of custom ViewerPoint structure which has 4 double values to represent coordinates
            foreach (ViewerPoint curPoint in ViewerPointsList)
            {
                float startX, startY, finishX, finishY;
                startX = m_converter.ConvertFromPixels((float)curPoint.X1 - OffsetPixelsX, PdfGraphicsUnit.Point);
                startY = m_converter.ConvertFromPixels(pixelPageHeight - (float)curPoint.Y1 - OffsetPixelsY, PdfGraphicsUnit.Point);
                finishX = m_converter.ConvertFromPixels((float)curPoint.X2 - OffsetPixelsX, PdfGraphicsUnit.Point);
                finishY = m_converter.ConvertFromPixels(pixelPageHeight - (float)curPoint.Y2 - OffsetPixelsY, PdfGraphicsUnit.Point);

annotInkPoints.Add(startX);
                annotInkPoints.Add(startY);
                annotInkPoints.Add(finishX);
                annotInkPoints.Add(finishY);
            }

System.Drawing.RectangleF rect = new System.Drawing.RectangleF(0.0f, 0.0f, (float)pageWidth, (float)pageHeight);
            Syncfusion.Pdf.Interactive.PdfInkAnnotation annot = new Syncfusion.Pdf.Interactive.PdfInkAnnotation(rect, annotInkPoints);
            annot.Color = new PdfColor(redPen.Color.R, redPen.Color.G, redPen.Color.B);
            annot.BorderWidth = 100;
            annot.Size = new System.Drawing.SizeF(100f, 100f);
            System.Drawing.PointF locationF = new System.Drawing.PointF(0.0f, 0.0f);
            annot.Location = locationF;
            m_loadedDocument.Pages[currentPageIndex].Annotations.Add(annot);

//clear the canvas object
            inkCanvas.Children.Clear();

//finally, clear the points list
            ViewerPointsList.Clear();

//load the document back into the viewer and refresh the view on screen
            syncFusionPDFViewer.LoadDocument(m_loadedDocument);
            //THE FOLLOWING IS THE ZOOMING FUNCTIONALITY THAT DOES NOT WORK VISUALLY UPON RE-LOADING THE DOCUMENT
            syncFusionPDFViewer.ZoomTo(m_zoomFactor);

}

---------------END CODE

3 Replies

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team October 15, 2014 03:15 PM UTC

Hi Bulent,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We have created an incident for this query, please follow the incident 130829 for more details.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

BO Bulent Ozbilgin October 19, 2014 03:34 PM UTC

Thank you, I will follow the incidents based on numbers provided.

Bulent

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team October 20, 2014 05:09 AM UTC

Hi Bulent,

Thank you for your update.

Regards,

Karthikeyan.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon