We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to remove a specified row in a given table?

Hi there

I want to use a word template with some placeholders in it. The placeholders are embedded in a table. If they are not needed, I want to delete the specified row completely. To archive this, I put a Bookmark on the Placeholder itself and a Bookmark on the tablerow which embedds the placeholder bookmark.

So the idea was if the placeholder could not get set, I navigate to the bookmark for the row and delete it alltogether. But when I try to do this I get an exception from the component: "Not supported deleting dontent between bookmarks in different paragraphs"

Is there any way to identify the specified row by the Bookmark and then remove the row from the table?

with best regards,
Walter

3 Replies

NB Nithya B Syncfusion Team October 10, 2014 04:53 PM UTC

Hi Walter,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

If your requirement is to remove the specified row from the table based on placeholder then you can find the owner paragraph of the placeholder using "Find" functionality of DocIO and then find the owner row of the paragraph and remove that row from the table. We have prepared a sample to illustrate the same. Kindly try this approach in your side to remove the desired row from the table. Please find the sample from the attachment.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Nithya

Attachment: GenerateWord_Windows_67e2f7f.zip

WP Walter Porada October 15, 2014 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Nithya

Works like a charm. Just what I needed. Great Work and thank you.

Regards,
Walter

NB Nithya B Syncfusion Team October 16, 2014 07:31 AM UTC

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

Nithya

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon