We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Output

Hi. I have been playing around with the new platform (which is amazing) and so far my only issue is about the output file. Is it supposed to contain something? I have been trying to open it from HDFS using Big Data Management Studio and so far I havent found a way, I even tried to download the file to Desktop but the file is not there.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

JU Juan replied to Juan October 5, 2014 07:06 PM UTC

Hi. I have been playing around with the new platform (which is amazing) and so far my only issue is about the output file. Is it supposed to contain something? I have been trying to open it from HDFS using Big Data Management Studio and so far I havent found a way, I even tried to download the file to Desktop but the file is not there.

Thanks in advance.

Forgot to mention,  my post was related to a MapReduce job using C#.
Apologies for the double post, couldnt see an Edit button.

DJ Davis Jebaraj Syncfusion Team October 6, 2014 05:37 PM UTC

Hi Juan,

Do you see a part-0000 file in HDFS? Downloading that file and opening it in a text editor should show the output. Shown below is part of the output from the DateTime sample. 

0-1 Hours : 1377
1-2 Hours : 1105
10-11 Hours : 2988
11-12 Hours : 3400
12-13 Hours : 5201

The _SUCCESS file is an empty file and will not have content.

Regards,

Davis

KB Kalaiarasan B Syncfusion Team October 7, 2014 04:24 AM UTC

Hi Juan,

Can you please try downloading the output files into a system drive [like C:\ or D:\] and explore it using a text editor?.

Please let us know the results if you are able to view the output files when downloading to a drive instead of 'Desktop' location.

Thanks,
Kalai

JU Juan October 8, 2014 04:32 PM UTC

Thanks David and Kalai. Your suggestions helped me solve my "problem".

PP Praveena P Syncfusion Team October 9, 2014 04:17 AM UTC

Hi Juan,

We are glad that your problem has resolved. Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,
Praveena.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon