We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Setting focus to Drop Down List

Hello,

I have a dialog with two standard html input elements and a Syncfusion drop down list.  As expected, the tab key will move focus from the first input element to the second.  Is there a way to set focus to the drop down list when the user presses the tab key inside of the second input element? 

Thanks, Randy

Here is a simplified version of the code:

3 Replies

SS Saranya Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 3, 2014 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Randy,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that, the Dropdownlist gets focused when the user presses the tab key inside of the second input element. When the dropdownlist is in focus it gets highlighted with the shadow around it. Since the dropdownlist is not in editable state we have to change the input item by pressing up arrow key or down arrow key. So that we can select the items in the dropdownlist.

For your convenience we have prepared the sample and you can download the same under the following location.

Sample Location: Sample

Please let us know if you have further concern.

Regards,

Saranya.S

RC Randy Craven October 3, 2014 07:22 PM UTC

Hello Saranya,

Thank you for your message.

I see now that the drop down list does indeed get the focus.  I didn't observe it before; the visual effect is so subtle compared to the text boxes that I assumed it was not getting focus.

Thanks again for your reply.
Randy

SS Saranya Sivakumar Syncfusion Team October 6, 2014 11:11 AM UTC

Hi Randy,
Thanks for your update.
Please let us know if you have further concern.

Regards,
Saranya.S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon