We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Remote Data Binding

Hi

I have been trying to figure out how to bind the ejTreeGrid control to a remote data source but not seeming to have much luck.

First, I tried creating a DataManager, building a ejQuery on to retrieve the items and their subitems, and passing them through as the dataSource and query parameters, but it does not seem to work at all, as there is not even an XHR request going out.

Next, I tried executing the query first, and creating the ejTreeGrid inside the done() promise using e.result as dataSource, but this does not work either.

This data is specifically in a tree structure, so the Master/Detail method does not really work for me.

Any documentation or perhaps a sample would be great

2 Replies

JR John Rajaram Syncfusion Team replied to Sebastian Schocke September 25, 2014 03:41 AM UTC

Hi

I have been trying to figure out how to bind the ejTreeGrid control to a remote data source but not seeming to have much luck.

First, I tried creating a DataManager, building a ejQuery on to retrieve the items and their subitems, and passing them through as the dataSource and query parameters, but it does not seem to work at all, as there is not even an XHR request going out.

Next, I tried executing the query first, and creating the ejTreeGrid inside the done() promise using e.result as dataSource, but this does not work either.

This data is specifically in a tree structure, so the Master/Detail method does not really work for me.

Any documentation or perhaps a sample would be great

Hi Sebastian,

We are able to reproduce the issue in “Rendering remote data source”. Can you please create Direct- Trac support incident regarding this query? So that we can provide solution for your query.

Please let us know if you need more information on this.

Regards,

John. R

JR John Rajaram Syncfusion Team September 25, 2014 12:30 PM UTC

Hi Sebastian,

Please ignore our previous update and we would like to let you know that the reported issue has already been logged by us internally and would like to follow this in the incident – 130097.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this. 

Regards,

John. R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon