We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight API Failures on App Submission to WP Store

Hi,

I'm deploying my app to store with Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight (For excel export) but certification progress failed. You can find the message which microsoft sended to me. I'm also using Syncfusion.SfInput.WPSilverlight api for Calculator. Syncfusion version 12.2.0.42 which i updated today. Any idea? 

Error Found: The supported APIs test detected the following errors:
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=EnumFontFamiliesExA. Module=gdi32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=CopyMemory. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapAlloc. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapCreate. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapDestroy. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapFree. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapReAlloc. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=RtlMoveMemory. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
This API is not supported for this application type - Api=RtlZeroMemory. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.

14 Replies

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team September 18, 2014 04:57 AM UTC

Hi Murat,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

The reported issue has been fixed and will be reflected in our upcoming release which is expected to be available in October. 

Thanks,
Prasanth

MU Murat September 18, 2014 06:10 AM UTC

I contacted with the dev support Microsoft. They told me they will look for the API's and will return with the result in a few days. Our update refused and we don't know what to do :( We promised to our users and they are waiting the update. Every hour is late and u say october release.

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team September 18, 2014 12:28 PM UTC

Hi Murat,

Considering your urgency, we will provide the build by tomorrow. Meanwhile you can test with the custom assemblies provided in the following link and let us know if this helps.

Custom Assemblies: CustomAssemblies_12.2810.0.42

Regards,
Prasanth

MU Murat September 19, 2014 06:41 AM UTC

Hi,

I contacted with the Microsoft Dev Center Support. This is the final email i got and forwarding to you. I'll test the custom assemblies and waiting for the build. Thanks for quick response.

Firstly:
The Win32 APIs that can be used from Windows Phone app are documented here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/jj662956(v=vs.105).aspx. Any other API outside of what is documented will not be supported.

Secondly:
Double-check if these are debug builds of the DLL rather than release builds. Debug builds often include calls which aren't allowed for production.

Thirdly:
If you were the owner of the DLL's, you could use the below recommendations and make changes to that DLL and resubmit. Since they are owned by SyncFusion though, you would need to contact them as the owner/ vendor of that DLL and ask them to make the below changes and resubmit the app with the modified DLL. Please see the recommendations below:

?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=EnumFontFamiliesExA. Module=gdi32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=CopyMemory. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapCreate. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapDestroy. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
These API's do not seem to be supported in a Windows Phone app, so you need to remove them.

?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapAlloc. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapFree. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=HeapReAlloc. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
These API's are supported in a Windows Phone app but then the import library should be api-ms-win-core-heap-l1-2-0.dll, not kernel32.dll.

?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=RtlMoveMemory. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
?This API is not supported for this application type - Api=RtlZeroMemory. Module=kernel32.dll. File=Syncfusion.XlsIO.WPSilverlight.dll.
These are Driver APIs, and we were not sure how these Rtl* functions were being used as part of user mode code in Windows Phone. If these are just the declarations and are not being used, then these definitions can be removed

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team September 22, 2014 04:56 AM UTC

Hi Murat,

Thank you for your updates.

We have fixed the reported issue and have refreshed the build. You can download the build from our website.

•   Our DLLs are release builds.
  •   The mentioned changes have been made in our DLL.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,

Prasanth

MU Murat October 1, 2014 07:12 AM UTC

Hi,

Sory for my late reply. Can you give the download links? I have 12.2.0.42 but site has 12.2.0.36.

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team October 7, 2014 07:28 AM UTC

Hi Murat,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please find the service pack 2 (Version 12.2.0.42) from the below link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117190/essential-studio-2014-volume-2-service-pack-2-release-v12-2-0-42-available-for-download

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,
Prasanth

MU Murat October 13, 2014 12:07 PM UTC

Hi,
I'm already using 12.2.0.42 an your custom buld didn't work either.

Trying to download your link but don't know what is the difference. Planning to remove syncfuison dll's, delayed us too much if this doesn't work.

MU Murat October 13, 2014 01:09 PM UTC

Hi Again,

I just downloaded the SP2 again and replaced the dll's (Syncfuison.XlsxIO.WPSilverlight, Syncfusion.Compression.WPSilverlight). Published the update but dev center returned the same result. Am i the only person who uses these dll's? Am i doing something wrong? Exporting to excel is important to us but looks like we couldn't make it happen. Do you have one last idea or solution? if not i'll remove the syncfuison for good. 

Thanks!

VS Vikas Sekar Syncfusion Team October 14, 2014 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Murat ,

We have tested our Dll with a simple program, which was passed App Certification, we have attached video for your reference. At the same time we are analyzing on this, we will get back to you if we get any updates.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ScreenCapture_10-14-2014_5.45.55_PM.xesc451912292.zip 

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
Vikas 

MU Murat October 14, 2014 07:54 PM UTC

Hi,

I thin you'r using the custom assemblies you gave me on this link? I made the same thing you do but that gave me error (Windows App Cert Kit 3.4) . I attached the project i tested for you to examine.

Attachment: TestSilverApp_153082dd.zip

VS Vikas Sekar Syncfusion Team October 16, 2014 01:11 PM UTC

Hi Murat ,

Thank you for sharing your sample.

On analysis, supported API test failed for the Syncfusion libraries you have referred in the sample. Whereas, it succeeds in the custom assemblies provided by us. It would be grateful if you could let us know as to which dlls the sample is referring to.

Meanwhile, we are analyzing on this. We will get back to you on October 17, 2014.

Thanks,
Vikas 

MU Murat October 16, 2014 01:22 PM UTC

Hi,

I'm using the custom assemblies, sample project uses custom assemblies too. Can you send me your sample project withh dll's you used? Or you can just send me custom builds again?

VS Vikas Sekar Syncfusion Team October 17, 2014 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Murat ,

We have attached the sample you have sent with our custom dlls, which succeeded App Certification.

Sample Link:  Sample

Thanks,
Vikas 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon