We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mouse Over Highlight

Hi,

We are wondering if the following functionalities exist:

1) When mouse over a specific bar/point in chart, when tooltip appears, the chart will highlight that point/bar, while dimming the other points/bars.

2) When mouse over on the series on the legend, the chart only highlight the series in the chart while dimming the other series.

Any easy way to achieve this except building the functionality ourselves? As I am sure as a charting component, these are quite common and essential to have.

8 Replies

MA Mohammed Azarudeen Syncfusion Team September 12, 2014 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Chong,

Query: When mouse over a specific bar/point in chart, when tooltip appears, the chart will highlight that point/bar, while dimming the other points/bars

We have analyzed your requirement and we have prepared a sample based on this. Please find the attached sample.

Query: When mouse over on the series on the legend, the chart only highlight the series in the chart while dimming the other series.

Currently we do not have any hit test support (events) for chart legend.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Mohammed Azarudeen.

Attachment: AxisLabels_f8adcb72.zip

CY Chong Yee Mei September 15, 2014 09:37 AM UTC

Hi,

Good to know that the chart highlight is doable. Might I ask if we do not want the color change, as there might be cases of custom colors and mutiple series, can we do the same on opacity change instead? And is it possible to do this without having to change the series to custom series, as we would have to do that on every kind of series?

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team September 16, 2014 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Chong,

Query1 - Setting Opacity to achieve requirement:

We have modified the sample based on your requirement. Please download it from the given below location.

Query2 - CustomColumnSeries:

In order to get chart series segments we have override the series, since Segments is internal property.

Please let us know if you request further assistance on this.

Regards,

Suresh S

CY Chong Yee Mei September 17, 2014 02:53 AM UTC

I'm sorry, I don't think I see the link for the download?

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team September 17, 2014 03:58 AM UTC

Hi Chong,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please download the sample from the given below location.

Please let us know if you request further assistance on this.

Regards,

Suresh S

CY Chong Yee Mei September 17, 2014 04:02 AM UTC

Am I missing something? I still don't see the link...

CY Chong Yee Mei September 17, 2014 09:22 AM UTC

Alright, working now, thanks.

To clarify, the only change was the name of the node?

SS Suresh S Syncfusion Team September 18, 2014 12:49 PM UTC

Hi Chong,

Due to some technical problem the last sample attachment wasn't delivered.  We have achieved your requirement in other way as shown in the below code snippet. Also, please download the sample from below location.

Code Snippet[C#]:

if (_segment != segment)

{

SolidColorBrush mySolidColorBrush = (_segment.Interior as SolidColorBrush).Clone();

mySolidColorBrush.Opacity = 0.5;

_segment.Interior = mySolidColorBrush;

}

Regards,

Suresh S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon