We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Chart culturalization --> System.FormatException

Hello,

I figured out an interesting behavior on the Syncfusion Chart Control for WinRt. I have an application for different cultures (en-US and de-DE). To change the ui to German I have to set the primary language of the tablet to German and vice versa,  all strings are in *.resw files.

Now I am navigate to the page where the Chart control is on. During the initialization of the Page I get an System.FormatException from the control (the exception from the Output Window: "A first chance exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in Syncfusion.SfGrid.WinRT.DLL.")

If I change the primary language of the system back to English, the chart can itself initialize correctly and everything is fine. 
The problem I think is, that inside the control values as strings are passed into double.Parse method, for the German setting the input string is like 0,5 what causes the exception. 

The version of the controls is 12.2.0.36

Is this a known problem? Are there any solutions?

Cheers

2 Replies

MA Mohammed Azarudeen Syncfusion Team September 12, 2014 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Reginald,

We have analyzed the reported issue and we are unable to reproduce the issue in German culture. Could you please confirm that you are using only the chart control or chart with any other controls? Please provide us more information and simple sample based on your scenario in order to reproduce the issue. This would be helpful for us to serve you better.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,

Mohammed Azarudeen.

AB Abdelhamid October 20, 2014 12:18 PM UTC

Hello,

I have the same issue with French culture.

Thank you,

Abdelhamid

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon