We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

FontSize property ignored

Hi there,

I have some rich text that I need to display in a consistent font size. I have tried loading it into the SfRichTectBoxAdv, but the FontSize property in my xaml (or set via code-behind) seems to be ignored. I haven't found any documentation on this yet, but would really appreciate some help. Here is the XAML I'm using: The content binder is fairly simple and just calls .Load on the control after creating a stream from the rich text string.

<sf:SfRichTextBoxAdv x:Name="richTextBoxAdv"

EnableRadialMenu="False"

BorderThickness="0"

FontSize="36"

local:RichEditBoxContentBinder.Text="{Binding RichText}"

ManipulationMode="None"/>

4 Replies

AP Arumuga Perumal S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2014 05:20 AM UTC

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

In our SfRichTextBoxAdv control, we can define default font size for contents. If the font size is defined for part of the text in the input rich text content, then the default font size set to SfRichTextBoxAdv control will be overridden by the font defined for the particular content. In order to reset the font size for entire rich text content loaded in SfRichTextBoxAdv, we have to either set the required font size for entire content or to clear the font size defined for entire content explicitly. We have attached a sample to demonstrate the same. Please find the sample from below link.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Arumuga Perumal S.

Attachment: SfRTESample_23ed03da.zip

SZ Stephanie Zielenski August 27, 2014 03:34 PM UTC

Thank you very much for the quick and thorough reply. I have downloaded your sample and integrated the code into *my* sample and it is working great. The next step is for me to integrate it into our full application.

Thank you again for top-notch support, as always.

SZ Stephanie Zielenski August 27, 2014 08:21 PM UTC

Arumuga Perumal S.,

I so appreciate your help.

To give you a little more context, the rich text we are displaying is not stored in files, it is retrieved from a database. When I integrated your sample into our actual application with our actual data, I got a null reference exception. I was able to take the data from my application and bring it into your sample, so you can see the exception. Would you please be able to take a look at it and let me know if the rich text itself is the cause?

Thank you in advance,

Steph Zielenski

Attachment: SfRTESample_1a307fa8.zip

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team August 28, 2014 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for your update.

We are able to reproduce the mentioned issue with loading the attached RTF document in SfRichTextBoxAdv. We will fix this issue and this fix will be included in our upcoming refresh release. We will let you know once our refresh release has been released. You may also check our website periodically for latest information related to our release.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon