We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

resource file issue between 1.6.1.0 and 1.6.1.8 !!!!

I have grid built using version 1.6.1.0 and there''re some image list grid being used with images embedded in the resource file as binary stream, since I have source code for 1.6.1.8, I compiled the whole syncfusion library and remove the version 1.6.1.0 assembies from GAC and points to the newly compiled assembies from my projects (compiled version 1.6.1.8) and updates resource file syncfusion assembly version to 1.6.1.8 with proper public key token, the code compiled fine and runs ok with all the embedded binary images not be read properly - therefore, all the grid level background images are lost, any ideas how to fix these? Thanks a lot. regards, mark

8 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 14, 2004 11:18 AM UTC

You should not need to rebuild the libaries unless you want to use them for debugging or to modify the code for some reason. If you want to deply custom built libraries, you will need to sign them with your own keys using sn.exe. (Here is a kb on deploying custom built libraries. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10399) As far as the resource problem, you can try the utility in this KB. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10370 It will convert version dependencies between the 1.6 grid and the 1.6.1.8 grid. But it sould like teh problem is with imagelists which are strictly .NET framework code. Have you changed namespaces in your project? If so, this will affect embedded resources.

MH Mark Hu March 14, 2004 08:47 PM UTC

thanks for the fast reply, yes, the reason that we compiled the libraries is because we''re facing with some bugs with 1.6.1.8 installer and it works fine with compiled version, I did sign the compiled libraries and updated in the resource file, and here we go the problem that I proposed above, any other clues? thanks. mark >You should not need to rebuild the libaries unless you want to use them for debugging or to modify the code for some reason. If you want to deply custom built libraries, you will need to sign them with your own keys using sn.exe. (Here is a kb on deploying custom built libraries. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10399) > >As far as the resource problem, you can try the utility in this KB. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/article.aspx?id=10370 > >It will convert version dependencies between the 1.6 grid and the 1.6.1.8 grid. But it sould like teh problem is with imagelists which are strictly .NET framework code. > >Have you changed namespaces in your project? If so, this will affect embedded resources.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 14, 2004 10:25 PM UTC

Can you remove the ImageList from the project and re-add it?

MH Mark Hu March 14, 2004 11:10 PM UTC

Yes, and no - the image list are binary stream in the resource file and it can not load up properly with the complied version - since there''s many image list, I just do not want to rebuild the image list and try to reuse the same binary image stream. >Can you remove the ImageList from the project and re-add it?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2004 06:21 AM UTC

My thought was to rebuild it once under 1.6.1.8, and save it out under 1.6.1.8 in your resources, and then go back to loading from your resources. Here is a google link to a problem using imagelist from a resource stream. The reason I did not suggest it earlier is that this is a resource not found problem, and you did not mention any error of that nature. Does using IlDasm show things as you expect? http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=%24Y5t0gwpCHA.3108%40cpmsftngxa06&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3Dimagelist%2520embedded%2520resource%2520problem%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26as_ugroup%3D*dotnet*%26lr%3D%26hl%3Den

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2004 12:38 PM UTC

Thanks for the infor, I''ll try that, I changed all the config files and use the right public token for the compiled version, here''s one example for Syncfusion.Shared.dll - complied version: when I run the convertRex.exe, it gave the following error, any clue???? looks like the utility always looks up Syncfusion public key token - disregard the one I provide ??? mark >My thought was to rebuild it once under 1.6.1.8, and save it out under 1.6.1.8 in your resources, and then go back to loading from your resources. > >Here is a google link to a problem using imagelist from a resource stream. The reason I did not suggest it earlier is that this is a resource not found problem, and you did not mention any error of that nature. Does using IlDasm show things as you expect? > >http://www.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&threadm=%24Y5t0gwpCHA.3108%40cpmsftngxa06&rnum=1&prev=/groups%3Fas_q%3Dimagelist%2520embedded%2520resource%2520problem%26safe%3Dimages%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8%26as_ugroup%3D*dotnet*%26lr%3D%26hl%3Den

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2004 01:54 PM UTC

Are there any Syncfusion assemblies in the GAC? If so, these assemblies may be found before the ones you are trying to specify. Was the resx file generated using the same public keys? ie publicKeyToken="01328196d8b2c707"

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 15, 2004 04:01 PM UTC

Thanks for the reply, here''s what I did exactly: 1. install version 1.6.1.8 2. run ConvertRex on the resource files, this time, it runs and when I open the form up in the VS.NET designer ( VS 2002 ) - the image list still empty. 3. replace the version 1.6.1.8 assemblies from GAC with the signed compiled assemblies. 4. still have the same issue - image list not showing up right. therefore, the application can not be running properly, any help? regards, mark >Are there any Syncfusion assemblies in the GAC? If so, these assemblies may be found before the ones you are trying to specify. > >Was the resx file generated using the same public keys? ie publicKeyToken="01328196d8b2c707" >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon