We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TreeView is not rendering

Hi,

I'm trying to create a view with TreeView bound to local datasource. I do it according to this tutorial from your documentation except that I do not use those styles and splitter and of course I looked at demos but that didn't help as well. The result is still an empty page. I attached my sample project. Can you please tell me what am I still missing?

Attachment: SyncfusionTest_269280be.zip

1 Reply

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team August 20, 2014 12:55 PM UTC

Hi Miroslav,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We have analyzed the sample that you have attached. It is found that, members of the <List> “TreeViewItem” are not properly mapped to the “TreeViewFields”. In the “Text” field, it is mapped as “Text” instead of “name”. This is the root cause for the reported issue (“Tree view not rendering”). So, please use the Tree view fields as shown below,

@Html.EJ().TreeView("MyTreeView").TreeViewFields(s => s.Datasource((IEnumerable<TreeViewItem>)ViewBag.TreeViewDS).Id("Id").ParentId("ParentId").Text("Name"))

Also, it is found that “ej.theme.min.css” and “ej.widgets.core.min.css” files are not included in your project. “ej.widgets.all.min.css” has reference to the above mentioned files. So, it is necessary to include these two files. We have made these changes in your project and attached the same in the following location.

Sample Location: Treeview Sample

Also, you can refer the following online documentation link to get start with our ASP.NET MVC components.

http://help.syncfusion.com/web

Please get back to us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards

HariKrishnan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon