We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Minor? version change, custom column templates not working

I upgraded from version 12.1.0.43 to version 12.2.0.36

and have had some problems with the ejGrid custom templates.

Here is an example of my old column schema properties where the column uses a custom template.

{ field: "Colour.Name", headerText: "Colour", width: 120, columnTemplate: true, templateId: "#colourTemplate" }

I had to go to this example to see why this was no longer working after the change of version:
http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/web/#!/azure/grid/Columns/ColumnTemplate

The properties on the column schema object has changed and there does not seem to be any backwards compatibility for the old properties of "columnTemplate" and "templateId"

{ field: "Colour.Name", headerText: "Colour", template: true, templateID: "#colourTemplate", width: 120 }

Is this expected at 12.1 and 12.2 to have breaking changes? at what version number should we expect breaking changes?

3 Replies

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team August 12, 2014 11:25 AM UTC

Hi Neil,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Query 1: “The properties on the column schema object has changed”

We would like to let you know that we have made significant changes to the API for the Volume 2, 2014 release to improve the user experience and provide consistent API across all our controls. Please refer the following document for API Change details.

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/documents/javascript.htm

We will be glad to assist with any issue encountered during the migration. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Query 2: “Is this expected at 12.1 and 12.2 to have breaking changes?”

We would like to let you know that it is not a breaking change since due to api change it is not working in your end with earlier version api. Please modify the API according to API change document provided in above query to resolve your issue

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

NE Neil August 12, 2014 11:42 AM UTC

What I wanted to know is, at what level of your version numbering should I not expect an update to break my code?

Obviously I can see now that changing from version 12.1 to 12.2 you have done API changes and my code no longer works. 

Should I therefore only expect my code not to be broken when I change from version 12.2.0.XX to lets say 12.2.0.YY?

What about 12.2.X.YY? 

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team August 13, 2014 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Neil,

We regret for the inconvenience caused.

After Service Pack 2 release of Volume 1, 2014 (Essential Studio 12.1.0.49), we have released Volume 2, 2014 (Essential Studio 12.2.0.36) in which we have made significant API changes in all over the JS and MVC controls.

If you have upgraded to Volume 2, 2014 (Essential Studio 12.2.0.36), then it is necessary to migrate to new api’s and so we request you to  modify you api’s according to the api change document that we have provided in the previous update.

Also we would like to let you know that there will not be any major api changes after Volume 2, 2014 release.

For your kind information, if you face any issues during api migration please get back to us with the control rendering code and we will provide the equivalent API changes code.

Please get back to us if you have any queries.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon