We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Toolbar does not show up

Hello,

I'm implementing grid control in my project, but i have problems with toolbar, it does not appear. I'm doing everything like in your guides on http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/js/default.htm#!documents/toolbar1.htm and on http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/Grid/Searching but the toolbar still doesn't work. Can you help me?

4 Replies

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team July 30, 2014 03:15 PM UTC

Hi Roman,

Thanks for using Syncfusion Products.

We suspect that you have not enabled ‘ShowToolbarproperty of Grid Toolbar. So we suggest you to enable the ‘ShowToolbar’ property. Please refer the following code snippets.

@(Html.EJ().Grid<EJGrid.Models.EditableOrder>("Grid")

.AllowSearching()

.ToolbarSettings(tool => {

tool.ShowToolbar().ToolbarItems(items =>

{

items.AddTool(ToolBarItems.Search);

});

})

)

Also could you please check whether you have the files “ejicons.ttf” & “ejicons.woff” in “./common-images/” folder”. If the files are not there in the specified location, please copy those file into your project from the following location.

CSS Files: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\12.2.0.36\JavaScript\assets\css\web

For your convenience we have created a sample and the same can be downloaded from below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/EJGrid1222671464.zip

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team July 31, 2014 09:30 AM UTC

No, it didn't helped. This is my code:

@(Html.EJ().Grid<MyObject>("ExampleTable")

.Datasource(Model)

.AllowPaging()

.AllowSorting()

.EditSettings(edit => edit.AllowEditing().AllowDeleting())

.ToolbarSettings(toolbar => toolbar.ShowToolbar().ToolbarItems(items =>

{

items.AddTool(ToolBarItems.Edit);

items.AddTool(ToolBarItems.Delete);

}))

.Columns(col =>

{

col.Field("Id").HeaderText("Id").IsPrimaryKey(true).IsIdentity(true).TextAlign(TextAlign.Left).Width(75).Add();

col.Field("Title").HeaderText("Title").Width(75).Add();

}))}

The two files you mentioned are in correct place. I have noticed, that I'm using older version (12.2400.00.36) of Syncfusion.EJ and Syncfusion.EJ.MVC dll's. Does it matter? I have no possibilities to change now the dll's to newer version.

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team August 1, 2014 12:01 PM UTC

Hello,

everything works now, update of JavaScript files helped. Thank you for your suport.

Greetings.

AS Alan Sangeeth S Syncfusion Team August 4, 2014 01:38 PM UTC

Hi Roman,

Thanks for the update.

We are happy to hear that issue has been resolved.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We will be happy to help you out.

Regards,
Alan Sangeeth S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon