We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How do I disable all editing?

Hi,

I'm currently using version 11.2040.0.25 of Essential Studio and I need to provide my users a way of selecting a time slot to schedule some event. Using the SfSchedule control, I don't want the users to see any of the contextual menus. I don't want them to drag-drop existing appointments. The only thing they should be able to do is click an existing appointment and proceed to confirm their choice. I tried setting different properties, like AllowEditing="False" without any success achieving my requirements. Can this be done and if so, how?

Thanks all.

3 Replies

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team July 24, 2014 09:14 AM UTC

Hi Michel,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

In Essential Studio of version 11.2.0.25, we have not provided support to handle context menu operations and drag & drop actions. Currently, we have introduced several events in our latest version 12.2.0.36 to handle schedule operations. 

Using ContextMenuOpening event, context menu cannot be permitted to open. Also, using AppointmentStartDragging event, appointment dragging can be ignored. Using AllowEditing property, appointment editor can be disabled.

To achieve your requirement, could you please upgrade your current version to the latest version of 12.2.0.36, so that we can provide you the better solution? You can download our latest version from the below link.

Latest version Link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/announcements/116964

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Pauline Bosco K

MC Michel Cossette July 24, 2014 03:19 PM UTC

Hi John,

I'll give the latest version a try and post again if I run into problems again.

Thanks for the reply.

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team July 29, 2014 05:23 AM UTC

Hi Michel,

We will wait to hear from you.

Regards,
Joy Oyiess Rex.K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon