We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Specify gridline spacing

I would like the spacing between horizontal and vertical gridlines to be the same as, or a multiple of, the diagram view's SnapOffsetX and SnapOffsetY.  Is there a property I can use to set the spacing of gridlines?

3 Replies

SC Saranya Chandrasekaran Syncfusion Team July 22, 2014 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Regarding “Property for spacing between horizontal and vertical gridlines”, your requirement have been achieved by using GridHorizontalOffset and GridVerticalOffset Properties.

Please refer to the following online help documentation link for more information about Gridlines Property.

Link: http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/wpf/documents/gridlines.htm

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Saranya C

JE Jeff July 22, 2014 02:46 PM UTC

Thank you for helping me find the answer in the documentation.

Should anyone else ever read this post, here is some additional useful information:

GridLineHorizontalOffset and GridLineVerticalOffset are properties of the DiagramPage class.  DiagramView contains a property whose implementation is DiagramPage, but the property casts the DiagramPage to Panel before returning it. Therefore, in order to access the unique properties of DiagramPage, you must cast the DiagramView.Page property. 

Here is the code that worked for me.  Note that diagramView1 is a pre-existing reference to the relevant DiagramView:

var diagramPage = diagramView1.Page as DiagramPage;
diagramPage.GridHorizontalOffset = 12;
diagramPage.GridVerticalOffset = 12;

The documentation for DiagramPage.GridHorizontalOffset and .GridVerticalOffset contains code examples to a similar effect.

MP Mohana Priya Raja Syncfusion Team July 23, 2014 03:12 PM UTC

Hi Jeff,

Thanks update with the technical acknowledgement.

Please let us know if you have any concerns
Regards,
MohanaPriya R

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon