We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

Server Side Filtering

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

116976 Jul 14,2014 07:55 AM Jul 17,2014 09:48 AM WPF 3
Tags: GridDataControl
Grzegorz Vaban
Asked On July 14, 2014 07:55 AM

Hi,

I'm working on view with GridDataControl with Excel like filters allowed. Due to large volume of data I need to implement server side filtering and possibly pagination too.  I'd like to keep using your filters. What is the best way to implement it? How can I intercept UI event when user applies a new filter using excel like dialog? Would this allow me to read all filter values so that I can fetch right data server side and reload grid ItemSource ? I'd appreciate a sample with something similar implemented.

Grzegorz Vaban
Replied On July 14, 2014 11:44 AM

Is there a way to populate excel like filters with all values from PagedCollectionView bound to GridDataControl, not just values on current page? 

Akila Rajaram [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 16, 2014 01:08 PM

Hi Grzegorz,

We don’t have support for “Server Side Filtering” in  GridDataControl. By using SfDataGrid control you can achieve this only at sample level  when OnDemandPaging is used.

Please let us know if you have any queries .

Regards,

Akila.

Akila Rajaram [Syncfusion]
Replied On July 17, 2014 09:48 AM

Hi Grzegorz,

Please ignore the previous update.

We regret to inform you that we don’t have support for Excel-like filtering at server side when OnDemandPaging is used. But  you can achieve  filtering at sample level by using SfDataGrid control  where you can reset the ItemsSource and SfDataPager page count after filtering.

Please let us know if you have any queries .

Regards,

Akila.

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;