We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Server Side Filtering

Hi,

I'm working on view with GridDataControl with Excel like filters allowed. Due to large volume of data I need to implement server side filtering and possibly pagination too.  I'd like to keep using your filters. What is the best way to implement it? How can I intercept UI event when user applies a new filter using excel like dialog? Would this allow me to read all filter values so that I can fetch right data server side and reload grid ItemSource ? I'd appreciate a sample with something similar implemented.

3 Replies

GV Grzegorz Vaban July 14, 2014 03:44 PM UTC

Is there a way to populate excel like filters with all values from PagedCollectionView bound to GridDataControl, not just values on current page? 

AR Akila Rajaram Syncfusion Team July 16, 2014 05:08 PM UTC

Hi Grzegorz,

We don’t have support for “Server Side Filtering” in  GridDataControl. By using SfDataGrid control you can achieve this only at sample level  when OnDemandPaging is used.

Please let us know if you have any queries .

Regards,

Akila.

AR Akila Rajaram Syncfusion Team July 17, 2014 01:48 PM UTC

Hi Grzegorz,

Please ignore the previous update.

We regret to inform you that we don’t have support for Excel-like filtering at server side when OnDemandPaging is used. But  you can achieve  filtering at sample level by using SfDataGrid control  where you can reset the ItemsSource and SfDataPager page count after filtering.

Please let us know if you have any queries .

Regards,

Akila.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon