We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column Reordering not Behaving as Expected

S 2013
Syncfusion MVC: 12.1451.0.49

I'm creating a web page that allow the user to create various layouts for the grid. For example one user may prefer to hide/show certain columns, change the column order, or change the column widths.

I notice that when a column reorder takes place the column width does not "follow" the column. That is to say wherever the column is dropped the apparent width is what was previously in the position columns to the right of the insertion point slide to left, as expected, but take on the width of whatever the previous column was.

The real problem though is if I get the column information of a column just moved the original width is still given in the column data. For example if I move a column and then using something like gridObj.getColumnByField("...") the Width is still the original width even though on the display it is not.

The behavior is consistent in IE, Firefox, and Chrome.

One more question, is there methods to retrieve the layout and also restore the layout?

Thanks,

Rick

2 Replies

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team July 4, 2014 12:53 PM UTC

Hi Rick

Thank you using Syncfusion products.

Query #1: “when a column reorder takes place the column width does not "follow" the column”

We have confirmed that the issue with "Width not changed while reordering column" is a defect and we have logged a defect report. The fix for this issue is estimated to be available on Volume 2, 2014 Service Pack release.

Query #2: “is there methods to retrieve the layout and also restore the layout?”

We can maintain the grid state using “persist” in Grid. When the Persist is set as true, the grid state will be stored in the localStorage and the grid will be rendered using the data in localStorage while refreshing. Please refer our online demo for State Maintenance in  Grid.

http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/Grid/StateMaintenance

Please let us know if we misunderstood your requirement and please provide us more information regarding your requirement and the information provided would be more helpful for us to analyze the issue and provide you the solution as early as possible.

Regards,

Madhu Sudhanan P

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team September 2, 2014 06:36 AM UTC

Hi Rick,

We are glad to announce that our  Essential Studio service pack-2 for Volume 2, 2014 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/117190/essential-studio-2014-volume-2-service-pack-2-release-v12-2-0-42-available-for-download

The fix for the issue “Width not changed while reordering column” is included in the above provided link.

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Regards,

Ragavee U S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon