We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Resize Column Event not working or doesn't exist.

VS 2013
Syncfusion MVC: 12.1451.0.49

I'm looking for a column re-sized event in the grid, I see there is ResizeStart, ResizeEnd, and Resized but none of these get raised. I also tried the ActionComplete but nothing happens when re-sizing a column.

Thanks,

Rick

3 Replies

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team July 4, 2014 12:26 PM UTC

Hi Rick

Thanks for helping us define this feature.

Since we don’t have Column-resized events in Grid, we have considered it as a feature request and have added to our feature request list. We will implement this feature in any of our future releases.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Ragavee U S

GO gojobu February 10, 2017 07:47 AM UTC

I've been working 3 days for a solution for an issue related to this
AutoResizeToFit(true) resizes columns too short

http://imgur.com/a/iC168

I thought maybe I can resize a bit further after ejGrid is done resizing and triggers resizeEnd but I can't catch that event no matter what I tried
I also tried ::after{content: "---------";opacity:0} but it ignores the dashes when resizing

RU Ragavee U S Syncfusion Team February 13, 2017 06:14 AM UTC

Hi Gojobu, 

Query #1: AutoResizeToFit(true) resizes columns too short 

In ejGrid, the property to resize the column width to fit the contents is “allowResizeToFit”.  

Query #2: resizeEnd but I can't catch that event no matter what I tried 

Could you please share more details like when the event is not fired or caught? The resizing events will be fired when the resizing action in grid is initiated dynamically. 

Query #3: I also tried ::after{content: "---------";opacity:0} but it ignores the dashes when resizing 

Would you like to display ellipsis when the column width is less? If so, we can achieve it using the clipMode property of the ejGrid. Please refer to the below documentation for more information. 

Regards, 
Ragavee U S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon