We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Unable to reference multi-selection tool from code behind

Hi,
Anyone have an idea on /seen this issue:
I have two projects, one is an ASP.NET website, the other an ASP.NET application. Both have essentially the same code to create a multi selection drop down. However, whist the .NET application shows the dropdown box, I cannot refer to it from the code behind. For example:

<syncfusion:MultiSelectionDropDown ClientSideOnBeforePopupShow="OnBeforePopup()" ClientSideOnClosePopup="OnClosePopup()" ClientSideOnItemCheckChanged="OnItemChecked(this)" ClientSideOnPopupShown="OnPopup()" ClientSideOnTextChanged="OnTextChange(this)" ID="MultiSelectionDropDown1" runat="server" Width="383px" Font-Size="12px" Font-Names="Trebuchet MS" AutoFormat="Office2007 Blue">

Using this.MultiselectionDropDown1 in the .cs code behind results in error:

Error 46 'INZ.UI.Email' does not contain a definition for 'MultiSelectionDropDown1' and no extension method 'MultiSelectionDropDown1' accepting a first argument of type 'INZ.UI.Email' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

The exact same code works without issue in the .NET website. 

Any "standard" asp.net items can be referred to, as expected. For example: this.Label1.Text = "test";

It appears to be an issue specific to the MultiSelectionDropDown element?

Any ideas?

Many thanks!

2 Replies

GA Graeme Atkinson July 4, 2014 05:14 AM UTC

Solved! It appears that the .designer.xx file (windows application component) is not generated when projects are created using IronSpeed designer (my scaffolding software). Manually generated using Visual Studio (right click on item, select "convert to web application") and all good. 

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team July 4, 2014 10:55 AM UTC

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your interest with Syncfusion products.

We are glad to know that issue is resolved.

Hope we serve you better.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Regards,

Ezhil S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon