We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

rotate table

Hello,

I'm trying to insert a table but with the direction from bottom to top.
I'm able to use CellFormat property "TextDirection" to have the text going VerticalBottomToTop, but the table structure remains unchanged.
I looked into the properties, and in the documentation but I couldn't find any answer, or if it's even possible to to this.

7 Replies

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team June 27, 2014 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Isidro,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

The property “TextDirection” denotes the direction of the text to be displayed in the table cell either in vertical or in horizontal direction. Currently DocIO doesn't have support to rotate the tables in the Word document. Tables in the input Word document will be preserved as it is in the resultant docx format document (Table border styles are not supported in doc format word documents). 

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

IG Isidro Goncalves June 27, 2014 01:22 PM UTC

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply.
I'll try to find some workaround for this matter.

Do you know if this feature (rotating a table in the document) will be added to the product ?

Regards,
Isidro

NB Nithya B Syncfusion Team July 1, 2014 10:17 AM UTC

Hi Isidro,

Thank you for your update.

Since Microsoft word does not have direct support to “Rotate Table” and we couldn’t able to consider it as a feature request due to your requirement is not supported in Microsoft Word itself.

Kindly create a new textbox and insert the table which you need to be rotate into the textbox. To meet your requirement, you can use rotate option of textbox instead of trying to rotate the table directly. Please follow the below steps to achieve the same in Microsoft Word application.

1) Insert > Text Box > Draw Text Box

2) Insert a table into the text box

3) Select the text box and Rotate it using “Rotate” option in Format menu.

Please find the below screenshot for illustrating the same.

For your reference, we have created the test case document using MSWord and attached the same.

At this moment DocIO does not have support to preserve “Textbox Rotation”. We have logged a feature request for adding textbox rotation support in DocIO.
The feature implementation would greatly depend upon the factors like product design, code complexity and compatibility. We do not have any immediate plan to implement these features. We will let you know once these features have been implemented.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Nithya

Attachment: TestCase_2b4544cf.zip

NB Nithya B Syncfusion Team July 1, 2014 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Isidro,

Thank you for your patience.

The mentioned Textbox rotation feature can be tracked through our Feature Management System:

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/features/WF-7107 

You can communicate with us regarding the open features at any time using the “Contact” option.

Please let us know if you have any other questions

Regards,

Nithya

IG Isidro Goncalves July 21, 2014 02:55 PM UTC

Thanks Nithya B for your reply.

Best regards,

Isidro

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team July 22, 2014 09:23 AM UTC

Hi Isidro,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you have any other questions. We will be happy to assist you as always.

Regards,

Sathish

LO Lolita replied to Isidro Goncalves March 30, 2018 11:52 PM UTC

Hi Satish,

Thanks for your reply.
I'll try to find some workaround for this matter.

Do you know if this feature (rotating a table in the document) will be added to the product ?

Regards,
Isidro

Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon