We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problems getting results of formulas

Using v12.1400.0.43 in a console app.

I have a worksheet with formulas in two columns; current use case has 2000 rows, but could be more. I need to consume the results of the worksheet formulas for further processing. If I attempt to call

ExportDataTable(worksheet.UsedRange, ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ColumnNames | ExcelExportDataTableOptions.ComputedFormulaValues) the table still isn't returned after a five minute run (returns instantaneously if not using ComputedFormulaValues). Is this behavior expected? I can't wait that long for this process...

As a potential workaround, I attempted to copy the range of cells with formulas to another range, and only paste the values. While the documentation seems to imply I can do this using

range1.CopyTo(range2, ExcelCopyRangeOptions.None)

the resultant fields in range2 still are the formulas, not the computed values. Is this behavior expected? How can I copy & paste only the values of the formulas?

How best can I accomplish my end goal? I saw a potentially similar thread about calculation engine (61789), but it was so old that I hope it is no longer accurate. The link to a sample file within that thread no longer works, anyway.

5 Replies

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team June 11, 2014 12:59 PM UTC

Hi Eric,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have calculate the formula values while exporting to the data table. We suspect this is the root cause for the issue. We are discussing with Calculate team. We will get back to you with further details on June 13, 2014.

Please let us know if you need any clarification.

Regards,
Prasanth

ES Eric Strehl June 11, 2014 01:54 PM UTC

Thanks for looking into this; anything that can be done to speed resolution would be helpful. My deadline on this project is 6/12.

What about the CopyTo functionality? Is there a way to mimic the PasteSpecial.Values method in interop?

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team June 12, 2014 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Eric,

On further analysis, we are able to reproduce the reported issue. We suspect this issue is reproducing due to unsupported formulas. Could you please share us the excel file which is exported to data table, which helps us to investigate further on this.

Regards,
Prasanth

ES Eric Strehl June 12, 2014 04:34 PM UTC

Do you mean you are not able to reproduce the issue? Here is an example file that will not load in an acceptable timeframe.

Attachment: P_TEST_Input_bcaf32f5.zip

PM Prasanth M Syncfusion Team June 13, 2014 01:43 PM UTC

Hi Eric,

We have created an incident 126187 under your DT account for the reported issue. Please follow the incident for further follow up.

Regards,
Prasanth

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon