We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Drop down indicator of SplitButton not fully showing

VS 2013
Syncfusion MVC: 12.1451.0.49

The SplitButton is not fully showing the dropdown indicator whether selected or not.

The code on the .cshtml file is taken from a Syncfusion example and modified slightly (Text shown for example). I've put two buttons on the form and the attached file shows is a picture of what is happening - one button the selection list is not shown and the other the selection list is shown.

Here are the button declarations in the .cshtml file:

<div style="padding: 10px;width:100px;height:50px">
@Html.EJ().SplitButton("spltbutton11").Text("Example").RoundedCorner(true).Size(ButtonSize.Large).TargetId("Ul11").Render()
<ul id="Ul11">
<li><span>User</span></li>
<li><span>Guest</span></li>
<li><span>Admin</span></li>
</ul>
</div>

<div style="padding: 10px;width:100px;height:50px">
@Html.EJ().SplitButton("spltbutton12").Text("Example").RoundedCorner(true).Size(ButtonSize.Large).TargetId("Ul12").Render()
<ul id="Ul12">
<li><span>User</span></li>
<li><span>Guest</span></li>
<li><span>Admin</span></li>
</ul>
</div>

Thanks,

Rick

Attachment: SplitButton_7300b892.zip

7 Replies

KC Kasithangam C Syncfusion Team June 5, 2014 01:37 PM UTC

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the Inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed the reported issue with our sample; we are not able to reproduce the issue in our side and we have prepared a sample which is based on the code in your query. Please find the sample under the following location:

SplitButton Sample

If still you face the problem, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Kasithangam

RT Rick Thompson replied to Kasithangam C June 5, 2014 03:25 PM UTC

Hi Rick,

Sorry for the Inconvenience caused.

We have analyzed the reported issue with our sample; we are not able to reproduce the issue in our side and we have prepared a sample which is based on the code in your query. Please find the sample under the following location:

SplitButton Sample

If still you face the problem, please revert us by modifying the sample based on your application along with replication procedure. This would be helpful for us to serve you.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Kasithangam

Hello,

I tried your project and it does work, I also see a couple of significant differences:
  • In your web.config UnobtrusiveJavaScriptEnabled is set to false, setting it to true results in even worse rendering than what I had in my project (but again the buttons shows correctly if the value false).
  • The ej.web.all.min.js file is different, I'm using 12.1.0.49 while the file in your project says 12.1. A file compare results in many differences in the javascript code and not simply the version in the comments at the top of the file.
I've attached a simple project, one that I previous uploaded when I found an issue with the MVC grid. The attached project has been updated to 12.1.1451.0.49 and is .NET 4.5.1. - I made the update to verify the grid issue was resolved, which it was with ...0.49, thanks :) .

The test grid remains in place and I've added the two split buttons to demonstrate the issue.

Note: The submit button problem isn't a critical issue for me, I just happen to use the control during some testing and found the problem and thought it best to report it.

Thanks,

Rick

Attachment: TestSfMVC_d4fe80a3.zip

SN Sasikala Nagarajan Syncfusion Team June 6, 2014 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Rick,

Thanks for Update.

We deeply regret for not mentioning about the changes in the sample that we provided in the previous update and for not providing ej.web.all.min file in 12.1.0.49 version.

Query: Issue in Split Button Rendering

We have analyzed your sample. We suspect this issue might have been caused because of following code box-sizing: content-box !important;” in site.css file of your project. So its overrides the box-sizing property of Split Button Control. If important is removed from site.css file then Split Button will render properly. So please try the following code in your site.css.

.container *, .container *:after, .container *:before

{

box-sizing: content-box;

}

Regards,

Sasikala Nagarajan

RT Rick Thompson replied to Sasikala Nagarajan June 6, 2014 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Rick,

Thanks for Update.

We deeply regret for not mentioning about the changes in the sample that we provided in the previous update and for not providing ej.web.all.min file in 12.1.0.49 version.

Query: Issue in Split Button Rendering

We have analyzed your sample. We suspect this issue might have been caused because of following code box-sizing: content-box !important;” in site.css file of your project. So its overrides the box-sizing property of Split Button Control. If important is removed from site.css file then Split Button will render properly. So please try the following code in your site.css.

.container *, .container *:after, .container *:before

{

box-sizing: content-box;

}

Regards,

Sasikala Nagarajan

Thanks, that fixed the problem.

Just a comment: The project was created using the Syncfusion template in 2013 and I've not modifed the css file, there is also a comment above this particular style indicating Syncfusion Changes - do you know if taking of the !important will cause issues in other controls, such as the grid?

Thanks,

Rick

HP Harikrishnan P Syncfusion Team June 9, 2014 01:30 PM UTC

Hi Rick,

Thanks for the update.

While creating project using Syncfusion template, the following code included in “site.css” file is overriding styles of some controls,

/*Syncfusion Changes*/

.container *,

.container *:after,

.container *:before

{

-moz-box-sizing: content-box !important;

-webkit-box-sizing: content-box !important;

box-sizing: content-box !important;

}

We have confirmed this as bug, and we have logged bug report for this. You can remove this “!important” from the above code to resolve the issue (dropdown icon not showing fully in split button). We will validate this code with other controls like grid and this issue will be resolved in our upcoming main release volume 2 2014, which is expected to be rolled out at the end of this month.

Please let us know if you have further queries,

Regards,

HariKrishnan.

VA varunldh June 17, 2014 09:39 AM UTC

In case immediately you be compelling, endeavor, endeavor yet again. Then again as its been said, man of his word, same sh-t, different place of God secret base camp. Jonah Mountain and Channing Tatum rehash their positions as masochist Schmidt and unfathomable child lunk Jenko, separately, new partners in undercover criminal movement.

Watch 22 Jump Street Online

Watch How to Train Your Dragon 2 Online

Everything else is similarly the same, except for a little bit unique. Without a doubt the story — uncover a pharmaceutical kingpin — changed, and to do this the colleagues go undercover as learners. In no time, at higher direction.

Watch Fault in Our Stars Online

Watch Other Woman Online

Watch Godzilla Online

This, while being deterring to oneself yet without saying tragic for it for one second. As a get up to speed, 22 doesn't basically recall that its harbinger, it would wear its defenselessness merrily on the revolting indicators of its sleeve with different meta sources.

Watch Maleficent Online

VA varunldh June 17, 2014 01:13 PM UTC

Watch 22 Jump Street. Which was themselves to a decent degree mixture of the genuine conceded '60s magnificent youthful youngsters doll The specific Mod Team, it is without a doubt obviously better to basically wound up and recognize of which in a manner legitimately harmed.

onah Mountain and additionally Channing Tatum typically are afresh since Schmidt and Jenko, accomplices which may be truly confounded then again who will be best accomplices in blunted mental development. Taking after deeds of the undercover infiltration of a solid school drug

Watch Fault in Our Stars Online

onah Mountain and additionally Channing Tatum typically are afresh since Schmidt and Jenko, accomplices which may be truly confounded then again who will be best accomplices in blunted mental development. Taking after deeds of the undercover infiltration of a solid school.

Watch Neighbors Online

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon