We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Make pdf text select able

Hi there
I have created a PDF file using HtmlConverter and i realize that the html page converted as image , is there any way , to make text of the result select able , or converted as text not image. i also attached one of my pdf result .

thanks,

Attachment: pdfresult_56e8620a.zip

1 Reply

KC Karthikeyan Chandrasekar Syncfusion Team June 6, 2014 04:31 AM UTC

Hi Benjamin ,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

Yes, we have found that the attached PDF contains Bitmapped image. Html Converter make use of MSHTML (IE Rendering Engine) to convert Web pages to Image, and then convert to PDF. Could you please check whether  you have installed IE9 or above, with IE 9 and above there is a known issue that it generates only raster image. You can get more information on this from the following link:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee330732(v=vs.85).aspx#iviewobject_draw

As explained, to solve this, the key FEATURE_IVIEWOBJECTDRAW_DMLT9_WITH_GDI should be updated in the registry. Please run the utility placed in the following location to perform the above changes automatically.

$system drive:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\$Version # \Utilities\PDF\Legacy Drawing

After these changes please try to convert the Html to PDF which will produce the sharper selectable text.

Thanks,

Karthikeyan.C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon