We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Mail Merge -> Tables -> Only one cell per row

Hi there.

I have a problem, when generating a Word document with a table which only has one row. Then I can't get the MailMerge to make multiple cells, it just makes multiple lines inside the cell instead.

Code that generates the table and Mail Merge Fields:
http://pastebin.com/bRA8Akvk

Thanks in advance
Nicky Mogensen

3 Replies

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team June 5, 2014 11:43 AM UTC

Hi Nicky,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

If you define “TableStart” and “TableEnd” within a single cell, then it will be consider as a single group and populated data through the mail merge will be merged in the same cell itself. It is an actual behaviour with mail merge and it is not an issue. As a work around to populate resultant data in separate rows, kindly insert another cell in the row and place the “TableEnd” field on it which will populate the mail merge data in separate rows.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish 

NM Nicky Mogensen June 6, 2014 08:47 AM UTC

That workaround is not an option.

But an option was to avoid using a table. Just thought i was required when having more than one result.

Thanks for the answer.

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team June 10, 2014 08:59 AM UTC

Hi Nicky,

Thank you for your update.

If you are in the need to use the table then you can use two columns and insert the fields “TableStart and TableEnd” in separate column instead of using a single column in order to populate mail merge data in separate rows. Otherwise you can avoid using table.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon