We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

JavaScript from zooming option affects other controls

Hello,

I want to implement your Chart control with zooming and panning option. Currently I try too use code from your samples but i reduced .aspx code to:

<script type="text/javascript">
    Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_beginRequest(BeginRequestHandler);
    Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManager.getInstance().add_endRequest(EndRequestHandler);
    //Before callback event handler
    function BeginRequestHandler(sender, args) {
        Popup.ShowPopup();
    }
    //After callback event handler
    function EndRequestHandler(sender, args) {
        Popup.HidePopup();
    }
</script>

<syncfusion:ChartWebControl ID="ChartWebControl2" runat="server" Height="392px" Style="left: 1px;
top: 0px" Width="572px" ShowLegend="False" EnablePostbacks="False" EnableXZooming="True"
EnableYZooming="True" BorderStyle="Solid">
    <ChartArea ID="ChartArea">
    </ChartArea>
    <Legend Visible="False"></Legend>
</syncfusion:ChartWebControl>

<syncfusion:WaitingPopup ID="WaitingPopup1" runat="server" Height="50px" Width="125px"
AutoFormat="BlackCircles" ClientObjectId="Popup" DisabledBackgroundColor="252, 235, 217"
DisableOnShowElementID="ChartWebControl1" Alignment="MiddleCentre" Font-Bold="True"
ForeColor="#5E3000">
</syncfusion:WaitingPopup>

When I place this code inside controls like <telerik:RadTabStrip> or after <ajax:CollapsiblePanelExtender> they stop working, can't change tab or collapse view, and chart don't have zoom or panning option available.

Do you have any suggestion inside what i should put JS, Chart and Waiting Popup so it only affects Chart and don't have effect on other controls.

Thank you,
B.Bocian

4 Replies

BB Bartlomiej Bocian June 3, 2014 08:53 AM UTC

Ok, i found out that I don't need JS and WaitingPopup for zooming option to work but still after partial post back zooming option is turned off

AT Anandaraj T Syncfusion Team June 5, 2014 03:33 PM UTC

Hi Bartlomiej,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We suggest you to place chart in an ajax update panel for zooming to work when placed in the reported controls. We have created a simple sample for zooming chart when placed in these controls. The sample can be downloaded from the following link.
ASPChart.zip

Please refer the following code snippet to place chart in an update panel.
<code>
[ASPX]
<asp:UpdatePanel ID="UpdatePanel1" runat="server">
                            <ContentTemplate>
                    <syncfusion:ChartWebControl ID="ChartWebControl1" runat="server" Height="392px" Style="left: 1px;
                             top: 0px" Width="572px" CalcRegions="true" ShowLegend="False" EnablePostbacks="false" EnableXZooming="True"
                             EnableYZooming="True" BorderStyle="Solid">                       
                        <ChartArea ID="ChartArea1">
                        </ChartArea>
                    </syncfusion:ChartWebControl>
                                </ContentTemplate>
                       </asp:UpdatePanel>

</code>

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Anand

BB Bartlomiej Bocian June 9, 2014 12:56 PM UTC

Hello,

if i put them inside mentioned controls Zooming for the chart is working fine. Problem is I do a partial postback for controls that contains the chart, after that i can't zoom the image and if i zoomed it earlier i can't pan or zoomout. Chart control behaves like image except I still can update the data.

AT Anandaraj T Syncfusion Team June 11, 2014 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Bartlomiej,

Thanks for the update.

We are not able to reproduce the reported issue in our sample and it can be downloaded from the following link.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ASPChart-1756949531.zip

Could you please reproduce the reported issue in the above sample? so that we can analyze the issue and provide a solution.

The information provided would be of great help in resolving the issue.

Please let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Anand

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon