We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Group By row want to hide in Pivot Grid

Hi

I am working with pivot grid , while I am drag and drop the column names in to row labels or column label boxes, its automatically generate summary rows for the dropped items . I want to remove that item programmatically and I want to give the check box option to user if they want group total row then they create by clicking it .

Regards

T.Ashokraj

14 Replies

NK Neelakandan Kannan Syncfusion Team May 26, 2014 01:43 PM UTC

Hi ashokraj,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Query

Removing Summary rows

We would like to let you know that reported scenario resolved by referring the following UG link.

Please refer the following link,

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/windows%20forms/pivot%20grid/default.htm#!Documents/showingorhidingsubto.htm

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Neelakandan

AS Ashokraj May 27, 2014 04:30 AM UTC

Hi  Neelakandan
         Thanks for your reply. I tried that coding sample but it not works,
I want to remove the summary row of pivoted items.

Regards
T.Ashokraj

AK Arun Kumar V Syncfusion Team May 30, 2014 05:32 AM UTC

Hi AshokRaj,

Thanks for the update.

We could not able to reproduce the reported issue in our latest version. Could you please let us know the Essential Studio version you are using.

To hide the SubTotal’s you can make use of the ShowSubTotal functionality ton false.

Code Snippet:

this.pivotGridControl1.ShowSubTotals = false;

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Arun.

AS Ashokraj June 25, 2014 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Arun
    Thanks its working in second level of grouping . I given check box option to user while checking this check box  sub total will be hide / unhide  in the grid , but it takes lot of time to remove sub total and show sub total  while i have large amount of data in the grid. pleas tell any other method to hide sub total .

Regards
T.Ashokraj

MS Maniratheenam Sehar Syncfusion Team July 1, 2014 06:49 AM UTC

Hi Asokraj,

Sorry for the delay caused. 

We would like to convey that the reported query can be resolved by using QueryRowHeight() method. By knowing the Subtotal cell type, we can easily achieve this.

For your better understanding code snippet is added below,

CodeSnippet[C#]

if (this.pivotGridControl1.PivotEngine[e.Index - 1, this.pivotGridControl1.PivotRows.Count].CellType

== (PivotCellType.TotalCell | PivotCellType.ValueCell))

{

e.Size = 0;

e.Handled = true;

}

In the above code, (PivotCellType.TotalCell | PivotCellType.ValueCell) was used to obtain all the Subtotal rows, thus we can easily hide it from  the pivot item.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

Please let us know, if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

ManiRatheenam S

AS Ashokraj July 1, 2014 07:41 AM UTC

Hi Maniratheenam Sehar
 Thanks for your reply. I dont know in which event i want to add this code.

Regards
T.Ashokraj

MS Maniratheenam Sehar Syncfusion Team July 1, 2014 07:54 AM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,

Thanks for reply.

The Subtotal can be hidden using the checkbox. Thus by checking the checkbox( true state) he subtotal can be hidden. For your better undersatding we've attached the sample.

Please let us know, if you have any further concerns.
Regards,
ManiRatheenam S

Attachment: Pivot_Grid_Demo_e179ba1d.zip

AS Ashokraj July 1, 2014 09:48 AM UTC

Hi Maniratheenam Sehar
    Thank you very much
Its working fine. I have another issue also please help me to overcome from this.
while i drag and drop columns into column lable its also getting late to Transpose while i have large no of data.
i am working with VB.Net , so please give sample code in VB.Net
Regards
T.Ashokraj

MS Maniratheenam Sehar Syncfusion Team July 2, 2014 05:59 AM UTC

Hi Ashokraj, 

Thanks for your update. 

We would like you to let you know that the drag and drop columns into column label is already built with an optimized nature and thus the behavior of it will be remain same.Moreover, we also request you not to replicate the same query in different forum, since it will be hard to followup.

Regards,

ManiRatheenam S

MS Maniratheenam Sehar Syncfusion Team July 2, 2014 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Ashokraj, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products.

We would like you to let you know that the given feature is currently not present. If you create a  direct trac incident, we are ready to provide you the requested.

Regards,

ManiRatheenam S

AS Ashokraj July 3, 2014 08:05 AM UTC

Hi Mani

Thanks for your Reply, and also sorry for inconvenience caused.

I used your code, Total row is hiding perfectly.

But in Grid automatically collapse button rising for every Group know while clicking that collapse button it also hided and it not show again while checking/Unchecking check box in the form.

Also “Object reference not set to an instance of object” Error is rising while drop the item in to row column and remove that item while check box is checked.

Regards

T.Ashokraj

MS Maniratheenam Sehar Syncfusion Team July 3, 2014 11:23 AM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,

Thanks for the update.

We would like to convey that “Object reference not set to an instance of object” exception occurs if  variable being referenced could be a class field, a parameter, or a local variable which had been instantiated but was later set to null. Since, the said exception doesn’t arises from our end, we request  you to provide us a simple sample, so that we can bring out the exact solution.

Please let us know, if you've any further concerns.

Regards,

ManiRatheenam S

AS Ashokraj July 3, 2014 11:38 AM UTC

Hi
   ok i will prepare sample and upload to you.
how to remove that collapse button in the grid .
Regards
T.Ashokraj

MS Maniratheenam Sehar Syncfusion Team July 3, 2014 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Ashokraj,

Thanks for the update.

We would like to convey that the reported query " Remove Collapse Button" doesn’t seems to the sample which I’ve given or the query you’ve raised earlier. Moreover, I request you not to mix-up queries of different forum. So, please maintain a forum with a single query for which you have created, don’t add up the other forum queries, since it will be hard to followup.

Regards,

ManiRatheenam S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon