We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

CodedUI support to Ribbon

In my application, we are using latest Syncfusion dlls. Application contains few RibbonButton which contains Image and TextBlock. Here we need to fetch\extract text from label of button, but codedui test builder as well getchildren do not fetch the text, whereas Image is recognised. Same is the issue with Splitbuttons.
However i have observed strange behavior, when RibbonButton is extended i.e.shows largeicon, then it recognise both the child of ribbonbutton but text is not recognised in case of SmallIcon.

Please suggest some way out of it which can be done on XAML or codedui side.

here is the Xaml code

<syncfusion:RibbonButton x:Name="CloseConnectionButton"
         Margin="4,0,0,0"
         DataContext="{x:Static cmds:ApplicationCommands.CloseDBMS}"
         Command="cmds:ApplicationCommands.CloseDBMS"
         SizeForm="Small"
         Label="{Binding Path=Text}"
         SmallIcon="{Binding Path=SmallIcon}"
         LargeIcon="{Binding Path=LargeIcon}"
         ToolTip="{Binding Path=ToolTip}"
         syncfusion:Ribbon.KeyTip="{x:Static prop:Resources.Home_File_CloseConnection_KeyTip}"
         syncfusion:RibbonCommandManager.SynchronizedItem="{Binding Path=Name}"
         ToolTipService.ShowOnDisabled="True" />

4 Replies

SU sukhveer May 22, 2014 10:08 AM UTC

it seems problem here is with control having SizeForm="Small", Controls with SizeForm="Large" are working fine

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team May 29, 2014 05:30 AM UTC

Hi Sukhveer,

We have analyzed your requirement; currently we don't have complete support to test in Coded UI for Ribbon control. 
Can you please create a new incident through Direct-Trac regarding this query?  
We would provide you further information through incident.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

SU sukhveer June 4, 2014 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Jegan,

Thanks on responding back to my query. Could you please share the timeline when can we expect the next set sync fusion binaries with CodedUI support to Sync fusion ribbon and other controls

JR Jegan Raj M Syncfusion Team June 6, 2014 08:45 AM UTC

Hi Sukhveer,

Currently we don't have immediate plan of implementing this feature. We will include this in any of our release. Please check our website for the further updates periodically.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Jegan Raj M

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon