We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Triggering CurrentRecordContextChange event on child table

Hello,

I am trying to achieve the following:

I have a master detail grid, with GridRelationDescriptor defined. I want to trigger an event when a record in a child table is selected.

I see that there is the trigger "CurrentRecordContextChange" which I figured was the solution, implemented thus:

parentToChildRelationDescriptor.ChildTableDescriptor.CurrentRecordContextChange += new CurrentRecordContextChangeEventHandler(ChildGrid_CurrentRecordContextChange);

However, this is never triggered.

The same trigger at the master table works fine (as per various examples on the Syncfusion site)

Can anyone help with this? Is this the correct method to use? Is there an additional step needed here?

Many thanks,
Graeme Atkinson

3 Replies

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team April 22, 2014 09:41 AM UTC

Hi Graeme,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We request you to trigger “CurrentRecordContextChange” event for Parent Grid alone. And this event will trigger for both parent and child grid when record selected in grid. Please check with the video from the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/video223538504.zip

Could you please try this and let us know if you have any other queries.

Regards,

Eswari S

GA Graeme Atkinson April 23, 2014 03:47 AM UTC

Thank you for your reply. So in this scenario how do I return details on the child record selected ? If it was the parent, I can use something like:

this.ParentGridControl.Table.CurrentRecord;

Kind regards,
Graeme

ES Eswari S Syncfusion Team April 23, 2014 10:25 AM UTC

Hi Graeme,

Thanks for your update.

For your requirement , CurrentRecord can get from CurrentRecordContextChange event using “e.Table.CurrentRecord”. Please refer to the following code snippets:

public void MasterGrid_CurrentRecordContextChange(object sender, CurrentRecordContextChangeEventArgs e)

{

Record r = null;

if (e.Action == CurrentRecordAction.EnterRecordComplete && e.Record != null)

{

r = e.Table.CurrentRecord;

}

}

Please try this and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Eswari S

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon