We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to select the first item in the matched dropdown list when Entery key is pressed?

Hi team,

Supposed that my DataSource is:
a1
a2
a3
b1
b2
b3
c1
c2
c3

, and I input "b" in the search text, then press Enter key directly, What I expected is : "b1" should be selected into the textbox
and dropdown is closed. However, current result is the input value("b") is removed and no item in dropdown is selected into textbox.

Appreciated for your helps.

8 Replies

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team April 17, 2014 06:59 AM UTC

Hi Yujin,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

We have Autofill property in Autocomplete textbox which accomplish your requirement. Please refer the below code snippet

<code>

[View]

@Html.Syncfusion().AutocompleteTextBox("Autocomplete").RequestMapper("GetData").DropDown(true).Width(160).AutoFill(true)

</code>

Please refer the following documentation link which helps to know more about Autocomplete control

http://help.syncfusion.com/ug/asp.net%20mvc/tools/default.htm#!documents/autofill.htm

We have prepared a simple sample to show case this behaviour . it can be downloaded in following link:

Please let us know if you require further assistance.

Thanks,

Gurunathan

Attachment: Auto_F116171_1eac717c.zip

YW Yujin Wu April 18, 2014 03:34 AM UTC

Hi Gurunathan,

AutoFill property can resolved the issue, but it still remains 2 issues:
1. The input box save input history.
The input string is accumulative based on input string last time.
If I input a and press Enter key, "a1" is selected, and then I click delete icon(X) and input "b", it will appear "ab" in the inputbox while
what we expect is only "b" is appear in the input textbox.

2. When Backspace key is pressed only 1 character is deleted in the input textbox.
When I select all input value, and press Backspace key or click delete icon(X), only 1 character is deleted. (we want to delete all-selected).

Appreciated for your so quick response, and waiting for your further help, thanks.

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team April 21, 2014 12:44 PM UTC

Hi Yujin,

Thanks for the update.

Since the reported queries were defect we have logged the defect report, we will deliver the patch for the reported queries in incident 123900. So could you please follow up the incident 123900 which was created for this forum queries.

Please let us know if you have further concern.

Thanks,

Gurunathan

YW Yujin Wu April 22, 2014 03:36 AM UTC

Hi Gurunathan,

I will pay attention to the thread 123900, waiting for the patch.

Thanks,
Yujin

YW Yujin Wu April 23, 2014 01:35 AM UTC

Hi Gurunathan,

Could you give a deadline when this defect can be fixed, and whether it will be added into the next release version? If yes, when the next release will be online?

Thanks,

Yujin

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team April 23, 2014 06:25 AM UTC

Hi Yujin,

Thanks for the update.

Query : Could you give a deadline when this defect can be fixed?

The fix for the reported issue will be updated on 12th May, 2014.

Query :  Whether it will be added into the next release? If yes, when the next release will be online?

Yes, this fix will be available in next main release which is expected to be released by end of May, 2014

Please let us know if you have further concern.

Thanks,

Gurunathan

YW Yujin Wu April 25, 2014 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Gurunathan,

Regarding this issue, the expected feature are listed belows:

1. A public property or method can be used to decide whether input box should save input history or not;

2. If "don't save input history" are set, when Backspace key or Delete key is pressed or the delete icon(X) is clicked, all the value in the input textbox should be cleared, and the new input value shouldn't be based on previous input history.

could you give replay whether this feature can be realized or not.

Thanks,
Yujin

GA Gurunathan A Syncfusion Team April 28, 2014 09:28 AM UTC

Hi Yujin,

Thanks for the update.

We will consider these requirements along with the previously reported issues and will deliver the consolidated patch on 12th May, 2014 as we promised earlier. So could you please  follow up the incident 123900 for further assistance ? we appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know if you have further queries.

Thanks,

Gurunathan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon