We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

HeaderTitleBarView Template Exceptions

I'm trying to add some buttons in the SfSchedule Header Template (where the < and > buttons are, with the current month).

Using this style I achieved part of the functionality desired (add a text and keep de month name in another color):

<Style TargetType="schedule:HeaderTitleBarView">
<Setter Property="Template">
<Setter.Value>
<ControlTemplate TargetType="schedule:HeaderTitleBarView">
<Grid Visibility="{TemplateBinding Visibility}" x:Name="Header_Grid" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0" Height="50">
<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<ColumnDefinition Width="55" />
<ColumnDefinition Width="50*" />
<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<TextBlock Grid.Column="1" DataContext="{TemplateBinding HeaderText}" FontWeight="Light" FontSize="24" Foreground="{TemplateBinding Foreground}"
VerticalAlignment="Bottom" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
<TextBlock.RenderTransform>
<TranslateTransform Y="-10" />
</TextBlock.RenderTransform>

<Span>Agenda para </Span>
<Run Foreground="{StaticResource GreenSolidBrush}" FontWeight="SemiBold" Text="{Binding}" />
</TextBlock>
</Grid>
</ControlTemplate>
</Setter.Value>
</Setter>
</Style>

Now, I need to insert some buttons near the > button (basically, buttons to change the SfSchedule view mode (day, month, timeline, etc), and some custom buttons for some views).

I tried this:

<Style TargetType="schedule:HeaderTitleBarView">
<Setter Property="Template">
<Setter.Value>
<ControlTemplate TargetType="schedule:HeaderTitleBarView">
<Grid Visibility="{TemplateBinding Visibility}" x:Name="Header_Grid" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch" Margin="0" Height="50">
<Grid.ColumnDefinitions>
<ColumnDefinition Width="55" />
<ColumnDefinition Width="Auto" />
</Grid.ColumnDefinitions>

<TextBlock Grid.Column="1" DataContext="{TemplateBinding HeaderText}" FontWeight="Light" FontSize="24" Foreground="{TemplateBinding Foreground}"
VerticalAlignment="Bottom" TextTrimming="CharacterEllipsis" HorizontalAlignment="Stretch">
<TextBlock.RenderTransform>
<TranslateTransform Y="-10" />
</TextBlock.RenderTransform>

<Span>Agenda para </Span>
<Run Foreground="{StaticResource GreenSolidBrush}" FontWeight="SemiBold" Text="{Binding}" />
</TextBlock>

<Button Grid.Column="2" Content="Mama, I'm here!" />
</Grid>
</ControlTemplate>
</Setter.Value>
</Setter>
</Style>

But the following exceptions are thrown:

(When I click < or > button) System.NullReferenceException at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Schedule.SfSchedule.UpdateFirstItem(int selectedItem) at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Schedule.LoopItemsPanel.MoveToNext()

(When I click anywhere on SfSchedule) System.ArgumentException at Windows.UI.Xaml.Media.VisualTreeHelper.GetChild(DependencyObject reference, int childIndex) at Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Schedule.Sfschedule.OnPointerPressed(PointerRoutedEventArgs e)

Also, I tried to edit and reuse the resources from the Theme folder (for SfSchedule). The problem is that some properties have Internet Set, so it is not possible to import those generic.xaml resources into my project and change them. The problem lies on the Header component, as some properties (ex.: CurrentDate) has internal set (and thus, only work inside Syncfusion assembly).

I need to do some changes in the SfSchedule but I can't =\ The header is too big, there is no possibility to include some elements in it, etc.

We've licensed those components almost exclusively for SfSchedule, but we're regret =(

4 Replies

NO None April 16, 2014 07:24 PM UTC

Mistype: where  you read "Internet Set", read "Internal Set" =)

JB John Bowlin Bosco K Syncfusion Team April 17, 2014 09:46 AM UTC

Hi,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

The reported issue has been already identified to fix and its fix is available in 12.1.0.43 version (i.e) Essential Studio

Volume 1 2014 release. Please upgrade to the latest version of Essential Suite, which is available for download under the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/support/forums/announcements/116142

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Regards,

Pauline Bosco K

NO None April 18, 2014 03:36 AM UTC

I've tried, but it says my serial is only for version 11.x =\

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team April 22, 2014 12:08 PM UTC

Hi,

We have forwarded your query to Sales team, they will address you regarding this query as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience until then.

Please let us know, if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon