We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How do I bind a column to a dictionary[SomeKey] using bound VisibleColumn??

Something like this:
<syncfusion:GridDataVisibleColumn HeaderText="Random String" Width="100" MappingName="TestObjs[UniqueKey]">

2 Replies

MC Michael Cheng April 10, 2014 02:17 PM UTC

Never mind. Figured out I need to set "Binding". I guess I'm really confused about what "MappingName" and "Binding" are. And when are they matter when using VisibleColumn or UnboundVisibleColumn. Can you clarify? Thanks.

JS Jayapradha S Syncfusion Team April 14, 2014 01:33 PM UTC

Hi Michael,

Unbound visible column is derived from VisibleColumn and it is used to display additional information which is not present in underlying data by handling <Event>.

MappingName and Binding used to reflect information from underlying data. When MappingName is used data will be reflected using C# reflection concept and when Binding property is used, data will be reflected using BindingWrappers. In some cases, we could not reflect the data based on MappingName. So those cases, we have to use Binding property in VisibleColumn.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Jayapradha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon