We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

CurrentCellEndEdit event handler for master grid is not receiving event notification

Hi,

In my application I have registered to listen for CurrentCellEndEdit event for master grid. However I am not receiving this event. During debug session I have found that it does receive this event sometimes but not always. I have also registered to listen for CurrentCellBeginEdit and I am getting this event notification every time on start edit on master grid.

Thanks,
Om  

3 Replies

SC Saravanan C Syncfusion Team April 10, 2014 02:44 PM UTC

Hi Om,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

If you want to handle CurrentCellEndEdit event of DetailsViewDataGrid means then you need to hook that event for DetailsViewDataGrid not for MasterDataGrid. Please find the code snippet to hook CurrentCellEndEdit event of DetailsViewDataGrid.

Code snippet: [XAML]

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid.DetailsViewDefinition>

<syncfusion:GridViewDefinition RelationalColumn="OrderDetails">

<syncfusion:GridViewDefinition.DataGrid>

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid x:Name="FirstDetailsViewGrid"

AllowEditing="True"

CurrentCellEndEdit="FirstDetailsViewGrid_CurrentCellEndEdit_1"

NavigationMode="Cell">

<syncfusion:SfDataGrid.Columns>

<syncfusion:GridTextColumn MappingName="OrderID" />

<syncfusion:GridTextColumn MappingName="ProductID" TextAlignment="Right" />

</syncfusion:SfDataGrid.Columns>

</syncfusion:SfDataGrid>

</syncfusion:GridViewDefinition.DataGrid>

</syncfusion:GridViewDefinition>

</syncfusion:SfDataGrid.DetailsViewDefinition>

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/uploads/user/directTrac/123477/Sample787874644.zip

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Saravanan C

OT Om Thapa April 10, 2014 08:59 PM UTC

Saravanan ,

What I mean by Master Master gird was the inner grid? Sorry I miss labeled the grid. 
I have registered to listen for the event from DetailsViewDataGrid, but it doesn't get called every time. And I have registered to listen for event in code behind.

Thanks,
Om

SC Saravanan C Syncfusion Team April 15, 2014 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Om,

We have created a sample to wire the CurrentCellEndEdit event for DetailsViewDataGrid from code behind. We can get event notification at all time when we finish edit and move any other cell in DetailsViewDataGrid. Please find the code snippet and sample in the following location. If you do not get CurrentCellEndEdit event notification for DetailsViewDataGrid, then please modify the sample along with replication procedure. That will help us to provide a solution sooner.

Code Snippet[C#]:

this.FirstDetailsViewGrid.CurrentCellEndEdit += FirstDetailsViewGrid_CurrentCellEndEdit;

void FirstDetailsViewGrid_CurrentCellEndEdit(object sender, Syncfusion.UI.Xaml.Grid.CurrentCellEndEditEventArgs args)

{

//throw new NotImplementedException();

}

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/121681/CurrentCellEndEdit_event_in_DetailsViewDataGrid485878266.zip

Regards,

Saravanan C

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon