We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

How to create a Word Document Report which can have a table across multiple pages?

I am trying to create a Word Document report. It has three header tables which contain mostly static contents like report number and with a dynamic value for page numbers (something like 'page 1 of 2'). The main report table which can grow over multiple pages is the fourth table which has a list of project items. this table can grow to more than one page. As this table grows I want the static contents to show up on each page along with the header of the fourth table. So far I can only manage to make the static content tables and the head section of the fourth table to show up only in the first page. I tried to use the code below

section.HeadersFooters.Header.Tables.Add(table1.Clone() as IWTable);

to add the tables in the header of the document but the formatting of the texts in the table get messed up. Can anyone show me how I can make the first three static tables and the header of the fourth table to show up on every page if the data in table 4 grows to more than one page. Thank you!!

1 Reply

SK Sathish K Syncfusion Team March 26, 2014 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Sophonias,

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

We have prepared a sample to show how to add tables in the first row of the table and how to shows the first header row of the table in each and every pages when it grows more than one page. Please refer the attached sample and let us know if this helps you.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,

Sathish

Attachment: GenerateWord_4f07fee9.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon