We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Using my own editor to edit an appointment

Hi,

I'm using the SFSchedule in a DataBinding technique.

As it shown in your samples, I'm using the ItemsResource property to bind my collection.

<Schedule:SfSchedule x:Name="schedule" ItemsSource="{Binding MappedAppointments}">

<Schedule:SfSchedule.AppointmentMapping>

<Schedule:ScheduleAppointmentMapping SubjectMapping="MappedSubject" StartTimeMapping="MappedStartTime"                                                                                                 EndTimeMapping="MappedEndTime">

</Schedule:ScheduleAppointmentMapping>

</Schedule:SfSchedule.AppointmentMapping>

</Schedule:SfSchedule>

Now, I want to use my own editor to edit the appointment, but there is no option to know which is the selected item.

If I'm registered on the Tapped event, I will get the selected appointment, but won't know which of my items in the MappedAppointment was changed.

Is there's an option to use data binding and edit an event using my own edit page ? If not - is there an option to know when an appointment is saved and changed and what are the changes that were made ?

Thanks,

Kesem

2 Replies

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team March 19, 2014 05:41 AM UTC

Hi Kesem,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Based on the provided information, we suspect that your requirement is to bind the custom data collection with the ItemsSource property of the SfSchedule and to get the selected appointment when tapped over it. For that, instead of using tapped event, use ScheduleTapped event of the SfSchedule.

Please refer the below code snippet to get the selected appointment from ScheduleTapped event,

Code Snippet:

[C#]

//

this.schedule.ScheduleTapped += schedule_ScheduleTapped;

//

void schedule_ScheduleTapped(object sender, ScheduleTappedEventArgs e)

{

ScheduleAppointment selectedAppointment = e.Appointment as ScheduleAppointment;

}

The selected appointment can be edited with the custom appointment editor (own editor page) for that please refer the sample in the below location.

Dashboard - > WinRT -> Schedule -> Customization Demo

If the provided solution doesn’t meet your requirement, please revert us back with more information, so that we could analyse on it and provide you better solution.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

JO Joy Oyiess Rex  K Syncfusion Team March 19, 2014 10:27 AM UTC

Hi Kesem,

Please ignore our previous update. 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Based on the provided information, we suspect that your requirement is to bind the custom data collection with the ItemsSource property of the SfSchedule and to get the selected appointment when tapped over it. For that, instead of using tapped event, use ContextMenuOpening event of the SfSchedule to get the selected custom appointment.

Please refer the below code snippet to get the selected appointment from ContextMenuOpening event,

Code Snippet:

[C#]

//

this.schedule.ContextMenuOpening += schedule_ContextMenuOpening; 

//

void schedule_ContextMenuOpening(object sender, ContextMenuOpeningEventArgs e)

{

MappedAppointment appointment = e.Appointment as MappedAppointment;

}

The selected appointment can be edited with the custom appointment editor (own editor page) for that please refer the sample in the below location.

Dashboard - > WinRT -> Schedule -> Customization Demo

If the provided solution doesn’t meet your requirement, please revert us back with more information, so that we could analyse on it and provide you better solution.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Joy Oyiess Rex K

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon