We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Make relations between symbols

Good day

I want to create a program where the user can build the diagram by dragging the shapes from paletteview. To this level, I used the symbol designer. And the user can build the diagram.

However, I want to do calculations based on the diagram which was built by the user. Therefore, I want to know how to do the following:

1.       When the user drag the same symbol from the palette to the diagram more than one time, how can I define those symbols differently?

2.       How can I get which symbol is connected to whom? And how to identify which link is entering or leaving the symbol?

3.        From question number 2, I want to make relations between symbols. Who can I do this? For example, I want a certain property (in propertybag) to be equal. Or for a certain property, the sum of property of entering links equal to the sum of property of the leaving links. How to do this?

I’m using Visual studio Ultimate 2012. Please I need the code in VB to implement it easily.

Thanks and Regards

Malik

1 Reply

AA Amsath Ali M Syncfusion Team March 20, 2014 05:38 AM UTC

Hi Malik,

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products.

1.       When the user drag the same symbol from the palette to the diagram more than one time, how can I define those symbols differently?

We suggest you to use the Diagram’s ‘DragDrop/Model.Eventsink.NodeCollectionChanged’ changed events to check whether the dropped node is present already on the diagram.

Here is the code:

[VB]

Private Sub diagram1_DragDrop(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As DragEventArgs)

Dim dataObj As IDataObject = e.Data

If dataObj.GetDataPresent(GetType(DragDropData)) Then

Dim dragDropData As DragDropData = CType(dataObj.GetData(GetType(DragDropData)), DragDropData)

Dim node As Node = dragDropData.Nodes(0)

If Not(addedNodes.Contains(node.Name)) Then

addedNodes.Add(node.Name, node)

Else

MessageBox.Show("Node already present in diagram")

dragDropData.Nodes.Clear()

End If

End If

End Sub

2.       How can I get which symbol is connected to whom? And how to identify which link is entering or leaving the symbol?

3.        From question number 2, I want to make relations between symbols. Who can I do this? For example, I want a certain property (in propertybag) to be equal. Or for a certain property, the sum of property of entering links equal to the sum of property of the leaving links. How to do this?

We suggest you to use the Node’s ‘Edges, EdgesEntering and EdgesLeaving’ properties to get the connections connected to a node and use the connector’s ‘FromNode and ToNode’ properties to get the nodes connected to that connector.

Here is the code:

[VB]

If diagram1.View.SelectionList.Count > 0 Then

For Each node As Node In diagram1.View.SelectionList

If TypeOf node Is ConnectorBase Then

Dim conn As ConnectorBase = TryCast(node, ConnectorBase)

listBox1.Items.Add("Connector: " & conn.Name)

If conn.FromNode IsNot Nothing Then

listBox1.Items.Add("ParentNode: " & (CType(conn.FromNode, Node)).Name)

End If

If conn.ToNode IsNot Nothing Then

listBox1.Items.Add("ChildNode: " & (CType(conn.ToNode, Node)).Name)

End If

Else

listBox1.Items.Add("Edges: " & node.Edges.Count.ToString())

listBox1.Items.Add("EdgesEntering: " & node.EdgesEntering.Count.ToString())

listBox1.Items.Add("EdgesLeaving: " & node.EdgesLeaving.Count.ToString())

End If

Next node

End If

Please try the attached sample and let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Amsath Ali. M

Attachment: 116017_353280c7.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon