We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Grid Editing Dialog

I am trying to implement this feature using the dialog:

http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/#!/azure/grid/Editing/Dialog on local data

For some reason, anything I try when I click the edit button - It doesn't pull up the modal window to edit one row, but it pulls up an edit window to modify all the rows instead.  Its one giant list of text boxes and etc, when in reality I only need one row.  I didnt find anywhere in your code example that states which row is clicked.  Any help would be appreciated. 

1 Reply

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team March 13, 2014 10:19 AM UTC

Hi Andrew,

Please find the response.

Query:

To resolve this issue please set the “key” property as “true” for primary column while initializing the grid.

Please refer the below code snippet.

columns: [

{ field: "EmployeeID", headerText: 'Employee ID',key:true, textAlign: ej.textAlign.Right, width: 75 },

{ field: "FirstName", headerText: 'First Name', textAlign: ej.textAlign.Left, width: 100 },

{ field: "Title", headerText: 'Title', textAlign: ej.textAlign.Left, width: 120 },

{field: "City", headerText: 'City', textAlign: ej.textAlign.Left, width: 100 },

{ field: "Country", headerText: 'Country', textAlign: ej.textAlign.Left, width: 100 }

]

For your convenience we have created a simple sample, please find the sample from the attachment.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Madhu Sudhanan. P

Attachment: F115995_445bb19f.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon