We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Virtual Paging mode and Up and Down arrow keys

The virtual paging mode is quite nice, but does not seem to work well with the Up and Down keyboard arrows. Look at this example: http://js.syncfusion.com/demos/#!/azure/grid/Paging/Virtual Paging

Select the first record via a mouse click (or Ctrl-Home) and then start tapping the Down arrow. You will notice that the selected row disappears off the top of the grid. I do not believe this is correct behavior as the selected row should always be visible. 

What should happen is that on the first page the Down arrow should cause the selected row to to move down (i.e. select row 2, then 3, then 4, etc) until you reach the bottom most visible row, then the rows should start scrolling up while the selected row remains at the bottom.

And of course the reverse for using the Up arrow to scroll back up again.

Can you confirm whether this is an issue with the current version or whether this is by design?

Thanks in advance

2 Replies

XV Xander van der Merwe March 10, 2014 05:18 AM UTC

Looking at this some more I can probably understand why it works like it does. Basically, the selected row is being maintained while the Up and Down arrow keys scroll the grid up and down respectively. This is probably correct behavior.

In my case I have a master-detail grid where the user might want to scroll down and view the detail record for each of the selected master records, but I guess the user will just have to click on a new master record for which they want to see the detail record.

Please let me know if I have perhaps missed anything, but I think I now understand how it works.

Thanks

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team March 10, 2014 12:25 PM UTC

Hi Xander,

Both the usecase are valid and currently we are using the second case “a master-detail grid where the user might want to scroll down and view the detail record”.

We have logged this as a feature. In the feature, we have planned to achieve both the case through a property.  We will implement this feature in any of our future releases.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Regards,

Madhu Sudhanan. P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon