We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Covered range on virtual mode allows selection crossing covered cells

Hi,

I put a GridControl on virtual mode, and I override OnQueryCoveredRange to query my model, that has metadata information about merged ranges, and return a GridRangeInfo in Range property of GridQueryCoveredRangeEventArgs.
It is OK. Grid displays it right, but when I make a selection that has single cells and covered cells, the selection not include de entire covered cell, it cross the covered cell area.
The only way that I find to resolve this issue is add the range that I create in event, in CoveredRange collection of GridControl, but this break virtual mode way to work with my metadata. 
There is a way to resolve this?

Thanks.

7 Replies

KC Karuppasamy C Syncfusion Team February 24, 2014 04:50 AM UTC

Hi Vagneer,

Thank you for using Syncfusion Products.

I have tried to reproduce the reported issue in my end. But I am unable to reproduce the issue which means Virtual mode works properly in my side. If  possible kindly share the sample in which you have faced the issue  which would help me to provide better solutions to you.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Karuppasamy C.

VP Vagner Pagotti February 24, 2014 12:24 PM UTC

Hi,

I attach a simple sample based on syncfusion sample codes. If you comment the line 222, you be able to see that behavior.
I also include two captured images in project to show both behaviors, one with covered ranges set up, and other without it.
I hope you can reproduce in your machine. I use the version is 10.104.0.44, but the same occurs in 11.104.0.21, that is my current. 

Thanks again,
Vagner

Attachment: Syncfusion_7f56524c.zip

VK Vinish Kumar K Syncfusion Team March 7, 2014 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Vagner,

Thanks for your update.

You can resolve this issue using the below codes in QueryCoveredRange. 

Please refer the attached sample for more details.we hope this will resolve the issue in your end.

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Vinish K.

Attachment: CoveredRange_9c86ab9f.zip

VP Vagner Pagotti March 7, 2014 12:40 PM UTC

Hi Vinish,

You replaced my workaround by another, but this do not solve the problem. I sent a sample app only to ilustrate the problem. 
I don't use this approach in my application because I have lot of ranges to manage and I can't create variables or arrays to control covered ranges collections. In virtual mode, I hope that I don't needed to keep any data in local variables. I need the grid asking me for this information on demand, right?
If there is no way to grid control this in virtual mode, without setting covered ranges collection for each range, tell me and I gonna open a ticket on support center to investigate this issue.

Regards,
Vagner

AG Anish George Syncfusion Team March 18, 2014 07:03 AM UTC

Hi Vagner,

Thank you for your update.

We would like to let you know that the event QueryCoveredRange is used to merge the cells but the individual cells will get fired each time while using this event, each cell will act as a single cell. So we have to customize the code for selection while selecting the covered cells. We have used the SelectionChanging event to get the expected output. We have added a generic condition in such a way that when the selection range intersects with CoveredRange, then the selection should act as expected. Please refer the below sample. Likewise you have to extend the condition for all the CoveredRanges that you have added in your sample in the SelectionChanging event.

Sample:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/Syncfusion1768641698.zip

Please let us know if the given solution gives you the expected output.

Regards,

Anish

VP Vagner Pagotti March 18, 2014 01:35 PM UTC

Hi Anish,

Thanks for this very elegant workaround. It works!
After some changes to care about keyboard selection, we will implement it.
But I suggest you consider a review of that strategy in new versions of GridControl, because now we will get to call our model two times to get the same information about merged cells and this can slow virtual mode when the number of merged cells is large.

Regards,
Vagner

AG Anish George Syncfusion Team March 22, 2014 06:32 AM UTC

Hi Vagner,

Thank you for your update.

We suggest you to report this through Direct-Trac Developer Support System( https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents ), because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. Our support engineer will analyze this and will update you with more information regarding this.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regard,

Anish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon