We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

My .appx package size is more than 6 megabytes

I'm using only a few control from Syncfusion WinRT suite, for example RangeSlider and ComboBox, but no any ReportViewer or DataGrid. After referencing Syncfusion WinRT library my package size is reached over 6 megabytes which is not acceptable for a small app. Without all Syncfusion dll my package is almost half a megabyte. I tried to add separate DLLs but I faced with dependency and control template issues. So I'm asking for a correct and full manual on how to use for example only a Syncfusion.SfInput.WinRT.dll for input controls like ComboBox. I don't need to use any pdf viewer or any report viewer or map. And I'm pretty don't want to have bunch of useless megabytes in a result .appx file for a store submission. 
I tried to add reference to above mentioned Syncfusion.SfInput.WinRT.dll from the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.4.0.28\WinRT\8.1\SDK\References\CommonConfigurationeutral" but after a solution built it asked for another dependency 
Syncfusion.SfShared.WinRT.dll. I added this one too, but when my app was opened all Syncfusion controls was without any template (this means they was lookless). I really don't know from where take missed resources and where to plug them. Just give us some manual or working sample. And I really don't need to upload a 6 megabyte sized package when useful content of my app is maximum a 500 kilobytes.

Regards,
David

4 Replies

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team February 19, 2014 12:01 PM UTC

Hi David,

Query:while Referring individuals dlls from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.4.0.28\WinRT\8.1\SDK\References\CommonConfigurationeutral all Syncfusion controls was without any template (this means they was lookless)

When we referred assemblies from the folder location mentioned by you,  the control becomes invisible. This is because

the required Theme file is kept in different directory. Hence while referring individual assemblies, please refer

it from the folder location mentioned below and check if the issue is fixed at your end.

Folder Location: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\11.4.0.28\Assemblies for WinRT\8.1\

We have prepared a sample that tries to meet your requirement and it can be downloaded from the below link.

Input_115885.zip

Please let us know if the sample helps.

Regards,

Vignesh V

DG David Grigoryan February 19, 2014 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Vignesh,
I'm unable to download the attached file. I'm clicking on link but nothing happens. I tried it from multiple browsers and PCs

VV Vignesh V Syncfusion Team February 19, 2014 12:31 PM UTC

Hi David,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have re-uploaded the sample.Please find the attachment below.

Regards,

Vignesh V

Attachment: Input_115885_bb4bda21.zip

DG David Grigoryan February 19, 2014 12:50 PM UTC

Works for me perfectly!
Thank you very much.

Regards,
David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon