We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Excel-like sort and filter in Header

Hi,

With another code I managed to add some sort of filter behaviour on a Grid and showing "Up" and "Down" arrows on the Header row of the grid control. Is there a way to add the filter behaviour too to the Grid control like in Grid Grouping Contril? I know it can be done with the Grid Grouping Control but I need to do it on a Grid Control because the Grid already contains icons and formatted data and I'm not sure I can do that with GGC.

Thanks in advance

3 Replies

AG Anish George Syncfusion Team February 26, 2014 08:57 AM UTC

Hi Boris,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to let you know that we can achieve the filtering option by using the Virtual Grid and customizing it. We have created a simple sample having filtering option in Virtual grid. You download the sample from the below link. For Sorting you can refer the dashboard sample that is been located in the below location.

<Installe Location>\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\11.4.0.26\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grid Layout\Sorting Demo\

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

Anish

Attachment: VirtualGrouping_d29c662d_ffd662aa.zip

BM Boris Mouzo Izquierdo February 26, 2014 09:27 AM UTC

Hi Anish,

I already saw the filter solution you mention and I guess I'll have to go with that one. My application shows in a GridControl relevan information, formatted where needed (dates for example or text in a different color according to another value of the result set) and icons that act as buttons. In that GridControl I already have the sort function implemented (header row shows up and down arrows). My goal was to add to that GridControl a Excel-like filter function just like the one you have in the GridGroupingControl (up an downs in the header row to show the sort order and a filter icon that allows Excel-like filter). The following image shows what the GridGroupingControl can do and wanted to be able to apply on a GridControl (Col0 was used to filter data, Col2 to order the data in ascending order and Col4 has the popup ready to choose an additional filter):

Can this be done with the normal Syncfusion GridControl?

Thanks... Boris

AG Anish George Syncfusion Team March 5, 2014 06:48 PM UTC

Hi Boris,

Thank you for your update.

We would like to let you know that in our current architecture we don’t have support for apply filtering in gridcontrol. We suggest you to use the GridGroupingControl instead of GridControl. We request you to create your customer account under Direct Trac and open a new incident so that our support engineer will assist you accordingly whether it’s a feature or not.

Our Direct Trac support system can be accessed from the following link:         

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents

Regards,

Anish

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon