We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

PDF Viewer renders only blank pages but pages count is proper

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

115798 Feb 6,2014 01:39 PM Apr 19,2017 07:02 AM Windows Forms 9
Tags: PdfViewer
Klaudiusz Bryja
Asked On February 6, 2014 01:39 PM

Hello!

When i try to open pdf document by pdfviewer toolbar the document is blank.
When i open the document in acrobat everything is ok!

Code with loading document:

public static void PreviewFile(string filePath)
        {
            var browseForm = new BrowseForm();
            browseForm.ShowDialog();
            browseForm.pdfViewer.Load(filePath);
            browseForm.pdfViewer.Focus();
        }

Designer Code:

this.pdfViewer = new PdfViewerControl();
            this.pdfViewer.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
            this.pdfViewer.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, 0);
            this.pdfViewer.Anchor = ((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles)((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Top | System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Right | AnchorStyles.Bottom | AnchorStyles.Left)));
            this.pdfViewer.AutoSize = true;
            this.pdfViewer.Name = "pdfViewer";
            this.pdfViewer.Text = "PDF Viewer";
            this.pdfViewer.ShowToolBar = true;
            this.pdfViewer.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(688, 623);
            this.pdfViewer.TabIndex = 0;
            this.pdfViewer.Visible = true;

We use syncfusion 10.3.0.43 (we can't use newer till next month). In project we add Syncfusion.pdf.base and pdfviwer.windows in .net 4.0 (10.304.0.43).

Acrobat renders this pdf properly.

Best regards

Klaudiusz

Klaudiusz Bryja
Replied On February 7, 2014 04:01 AM

Hi,

I attached pdf's on which we test.

Best regads,

Klaudiusz

pdfs_73fe83c1.zip

Meikanda Nayanar [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 11, 2014 01:34 AM

Hi Klaudiusz,

Thank you for your updates.

We have checked the code snippet and pdf documents and we are unable to reproduce the scenario with “The provided pdf documents are displayed blank while opening the documents through open icon in PdfViewer toolbar”. We have attached the sample we have tried in the below link, Could you please modify the sample and update us back. So that we can proceed further in this incident.

Sample: SampleWF.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Meikandan

Klaudiusz Bryja
Replied On February 11, 2014 03:11 AM

Hi,

I attach 2 projects (for 10.304 and for 11.3040 syncfusion dll's).

• 10.304 - app render only blank pages. The same behawior is on your file: SampleWF_10.304.0.43\Data\Barcode.pdf
  • 11.3040 - files are loaded but there are some issues with rendering. Look at comparision.png file from attachment.

Best regards,

Klaudiusz

Attachment: Sync_Samples_7712862.zip

Meikanda Nayanar [Syncfusion]
Replied On February 17, 2014 12:10 AM

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Please find the details as below.

10.304 - application renders only blank pages. The same behavior is on your file: SampleWF_10.304.0.43\Data\Barcode.pdf

We are unable to reproduce the issue and we have attached the screenshot for your reference.

Attachment: Capture.zip

11.3040 - Files are loaded but there are some issues with rendering. Look at comparision.png file from attachment.

We are able to reproduce the issue as in your screenshot in “Nokia_E5-00_UG_pl.pdf” and we suspect this to be a defect.

Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System (https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Meikandan

Oliver Fendt
Replied On August 21, 2014 04:48 AM

Hi, i have same problem.
In development maschine everything works well - when "distributing" to an other maschine - the pages are white without any error-message.

Fred Charney
Replied On April 18, 2017 02:39 PM

I am having the exact same problem as you did back in 2014. Was there ever a solution? If so, was it related to images included in the pages?
Fred Charney 

Klaudiusz Bryja
Replied On April 19, 2017 02:22 AM

Hi Fred,

I don't remember if there was patch (we have no patch for this incident) or next version of SF works properly (because patch for someone else). So i can't help you. Maybe open incident, refere for this one and SF find something for you.

Best regards
Klaudiusz

Klaudiusz Bryja
Replied On April 19, 2017 02:29 AM

Hi Fred,

Sorry my mistake - not proper number when searching. It was patch for this incident which was for version:
so SF applied it to next version I hope bacause we haven't repeated this anymore.

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

Sathish Sivakumar [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 19, 2017 07:02 AM

Hi Fred, 

We are unable to reproduce the issue “Pdf document displayed blank when it is viewed in PdfViewerControl” in our side. We have created a simple sample with which we tried to reproduce the issue and it will be available in the below link: 

If you still reproducing the same issue, kindly share us the following details: 

1. PDF document which displayed blank in PdfViewer
  2. Essential Studio version
  3. .NET framework
  4. Operating System
  5. Culture Settings
  6. Simple sample or modify the above sample to reproduce the issue

Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Sathish

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;