We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

PDF Viewer renders only blank pages but pages count is proper

Hello!

When i try to open pdf document by pdfviewer toolbar the document is blank.
When i open the document in acrobat everything is ok!

Code with loading document:

public static void PreviewFile(string filePath)
        {
            var browseForm = new BrowseForm();
            browseForm.ShowDialog();
            browseForm.pdfViewer.Load(filePath);
            browseForm.pdfViewer.Focus();
        }

Designer Code:

this.pdfViewer = new PdfViewerControl();
            this.pdfViewer.Dock = DockStyle.Fill;
            this.pdfViewer.Location = new System.Drawing.Point(0, 0);
            this.pdfViewer.Anchor = ((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles)((System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Top | System.Windows.Forms.AnchorStyles.Right | AnchorStyles.Bottom | AnchorStyles.Left)));
            this.pdfViewer.AutoSize = true;
            this.pdfViewer.Name = "pdfViewer";
            this.pdfViewer.Text = "PDF Viewer";
            this.pdfViewer.ShowToolBar = true;
            this.pdfViewer.Size = new System.Drawing.Size(688, 623);
            this.pdfViewer.TabIndex = 0;
            this.pdfViewer.Visible = true;

We use syncfusion 10.3.0.43 (we can't use newer till next month). In project we add Syncfusion.pdf.base and pdfviwer.windows in .net 4.0 (10.304.0.43).

Acrobat renders this pdf properly.

Best regards

Klaudiusz

15 Replies

EN enova February 7, 2014 09:01 AM UTC

Hi,

I attached pdf's on which we test.

Best regads,

Klaudiusz

pdfs_73fe83c1.zip

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team February 11, 2014 06:34 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz,

Thank you for your updates.

We have checked the code snippet and pdf documents and we are unable to reproduce the scenario with “The provided pdf documents are displayed blank while opening the documents through open icon in PdfViewer toolbar”. We have attached the sample we have tried in the below link, Could you please modify the sample and update us back. So that we can proceed further in this incident.

Sample: SampleWF.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,

Meikandan

EN enova February 11, 2014 08:11 AM UTC

Hi,

I attach 2 projects (for 10.304 and for 11.3040 syncfusion dll's).

• 10.304 - app render only blank pages. The same behawior is on your file: SampleWF_10.304.0.43\Data\Barcode.pdf
  • 11.3040 - files are loaded but there are some issues with rendering. Look at comparision.png file from attachment.

Best regards,

Klaudiusz

Attachment: Sync_Samples_7712862.zip

MN Meikanda Nayanar Syncfusion Team February 17, 2014 05:10 AM UTC

Hi Klaudiusz ,

Please find the details as below.

10.304 - application renders only blank pages. The same behavior is on your file: SampleWF_10.304.0.43\Data\Barcode.pdf

We are unable to reproduce the issue and we have attached the screenshot for your reference.

Attachment: Capture.zip

11.3040 - Files are loaded but there are some issues with rendering. Look at comparision.png file from attachment.

We are able to reproduce the issue as in your screenshot in “Nokia_E5-00_UG_pl.pdf” and we suspect this to be a defect.

Could you please report this issue through Direct Trac Developer Support System (https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents because you can take the advantage of the expertise of a dedicated support engineer and a guaranteed response time and we hope you will take advantage of this system as well. If you have already reported, please ignore this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Regards,
Meikandan

OF Oliver Fendt August 21, 2014 08:48 AM UTC

Hi, i have same problem.
In development maschine everything works well - when "distributing" to an other maschine - the pages are white without any error-message.

FC Fred Charney April 18, 2017 06:39 PM UTC

I am having the exact same problem as you did back in 2014. Was there ever a solution? If so, was it related to images included in the pages?
Fred Charney 

EN enova April 19, 2017 06:22 AM UTC

Hi Fred,

I don't remember if there was patch (we have no patch for this incident) or next version of SF works properly (because patch for someone else). So i can't help you. Maybe open incident, refere for this one and SF find something for you.

Best regards
Klaudiusz

EN enova April 19, 2017 06:29 AM UTC

Hi Fred,

Sorry my mistake - not proper number when searching. It was patch for this incident which was for version:
so SF applied it to next version I hope bacause we haven't repeated this anymore.

Best regards,
Klaudiusz

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team April 19, 2017 11:02 AM UTC

Hi Fred, 

We are unable to reproduce the issue “Pdf document displayed blank when it is viewed in PdfViewerControl” in our side. We have created a simple sample with which we tried to reproduce the issue and it will be available in the below link: 

If you still reproducing the same issue, kindly share us the following details: 

1. PDF document which displayed blank in PdfViewer
  2. Essential Studio version
  3. .NET framework
  4. Operating System
  5. Culture Settings
  6. Simple sample or modify the above sample to reproduce the issue

Please let us know if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Sathish

MA Manimaran April 5, 2022 05:26 AM UTC

Hi SF Team,

I am facing the exact problem,  When i try to open pdf document by pdfviewer toolbar the document is blank. currently i am using 19.4.052 version. i have tried your demo site also please find below link. i have tested 10 files 2 files are loaded full blank page could you please check and confirm.

https://ej2.syncfusion.com/aspnetmvc/PdfViewer/Default#/material

Please find the attachment(issue screenshot and sample file)

Regards,

Manimaran

Attachment: Sample_05_04_2022_36ec6884.zip

SK Shamini Kiruba Sobers Syncfusion Team April 6, 2022 03:40 PM UTC

Hi Manimaran,

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue locally in both versions v19.4.0.52 and the latest v20.1.0.47. We suspect that there might be any delay or network issue while using the online web service link.

Kindly look into the video screenshot and the sample we used to check the issue at our end can be downloaded from the following link.

Video: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/ScreenCapture106481015

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/GettingStarted_MVC_19.4.0.52-1678684514

Please try this sample and let us know if the issue resolves. Or share a modified sample to replicate the issue on our end for further analysis.

Regards,
Shamini

MA Manimaran replied to Shamini Kiruba Sobers September 7, 2022 10:01 AM UTC

Hi Shamini,

i have used you shared sample project, I am facing render issue few more samples 

1. PDF not loading attached sample and screenshot
  2. Displaying blank white page. one of the case canvas as assigned width and height but render image width="0" ​it showing white canvas only. please refer below screenshot.

Attachment: sample___screenshot_f1c6570d.zip

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team September 8, 2022 03:44 PM UTC

Hi Manimaran,

We were able to reproduce the reported issue  “PDF not loading and throws web service not listening error” and suspect this to be a defect. We will analyze further on this and update you with more details on September 12, 2022.

Regards,

Visvesvar K V

MA Manimaran replied to Visvesvar Venkatesan September 12, 2022 09:18 AM UTC

Hi Team,

May I know the status for above request.

Regards,

Manimaran

VV Visvesvar Venkatesan Syncfusion Team September 13, 2022 01:32 PM UTC

Hi Manimaran,

Thank you for your patience.

The PDF file that you have provided is more than 12 MB. We have changed the configuration in the sample, to load the PDF file as nearer to that size.

This sample will load the PDF without any issues.

Changes made in the sample are provided below

1) In Index. cs HTML file We have changed the service URL and API URL is given. We have referred to a separate API controller in the name pdfViewerTestController.cs

<div style="height:500px;width:100%;">

@Html.EJS().PdfViewer("pdfviewer").ServiceUrl(VirtualPathUtility.ToAbsolute("~/PdfViewer/")).DocumentPath("PDF Succinctly.pdf").Render()

</div>

2) In App_start folder webapiconfig.cs file is attached.

3)In web.config file the “max request length” has been changed.

<httpRuntime targetFramework="4.6" maxRequestLength="2073741824" executionTimeout="3600" />

4) )In web.config file the “max json length” has been changed.

<jsonSerialization maxJsonLength="2147483647"></jsonSerialization>

5) In web.config file the “max allowed content length” has been changed.

<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="1073741824" maxQueryString="65535">

Sample - https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/PdfViewer_MVC-1433936416.zip

If you still need any further assistance kindly revert to us. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Visvesvar K V

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon